Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    So does the volume for the media patch need to be turned down? Can anyone else comment on sjamie's post? I love the loudness as well, I can keep it turned up a little less than halfway now.
    After doing more tests, it looks like the audible alert problem has disappeared! So, all seems well now!

Update: Due to my BT frequently disconnecting, I had uninstalled the updated BT volume patch and just had the speaker patch installed. No audible alert problem. I reinstalled the BT patch because no one has said they've experience any problems with it and wha-la... the audible alerts can be heard loudly through the phone when in a call!

Here is the test. Have both patches installed. Be in a call through your BT, hold your phone up to your other ear, and send yourself an email. Do you hear a loud audible alert?

I have not tested if the alert is heard if just the BT patch is installed and the speaker patch is not installed.
    Last edited by sjamie; 10/20/2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post

jctreo have you submitted to Preware yet? I can update or delete the original for the bluetooth 0db gain patch. Let me know!
    Nope! Go for it!

I am also thinking we could make individual patches for each volume level, so that people could mix and match as they like. I could also figure out two versions: one maxed out (that we already have), and a second one that is like half the maxed out version.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    After all your perfecting is there any chance the pixi gets a boost
    Thanks again!
    Would love to help, but need more info on the pixi hardware.

Anyone comfortable with accessing the linux command line on the pixi is welcome to pm me and we could check a few things.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    So, the wired headset patch has been integrated into spkr-hdst-incall-volume.patch, right? If so, is there any reason to list it separately in the 1st post? It may confuse people.

Again, great job with all of these patches!
    It looks to me like they are separate patches. (i.e., you can install either one, or both)
  6.    #126  
    That sounds great. Let me know how I can help.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    After doing more tests, it looks like the audible alert problem has disappeared! So, all seems well now!

Update: Due to my BT frequently disconnecting, I had uninstalled the updated BT volume patch and just had the speaker patch installed. No audible alert problem. I reinstalled the BT patch because no one has said they've experience any problems with it and wha-la... the audible alerts can be heard loudly through the phone when in a call!

Here is the test. Have both patches installed. Be in a call through your BT, hold your phone up to your other ear, and send yourself an email. Do you hear a loud audible alert?

I have not tested if the alert is heard if just the BT patch is installed and the speaker patch is not installed.
    Thank you for the detailed information. This is perfect.

I will try a few things and maybe pm you some test patches to try.

Ok. I guess I am not seeing how to pm a file....so I am attaching a test patch here.

If you could uninstall your current bt patch and install this one, and let me know how it works, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 10/20/2010 at 11:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    That sounds great. Let me know how I can help.
    Great. I will work out the values and get you the changes and you can work your patch-f u. :-)

Also, wondering if you figured out what the problem was with uninstalling/installing patches using preware was all about?
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 10/21/2010 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-treo View Post
    thank you for the detailed information. This is perfect.

Ok. I guess i am not seeing how to pm a file....so i am attaching a test patch here.

If you could uninstall your current bt patch and install this one, and let me know how it works, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!!!
    This version of the patch fixed the issue!

Please add this version to Preware.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Great. I will work out the values and get you the changes and you can work your patch-f u. :-)

Also, wondering if you figured out what the problem was with uninstalling/installing patches using preware was all about?
    Not sure what the issue was but I posted about how I fixed it. Once we hear from more users with their success I will update the Preware version.
  11.    #131  
    Thank you for the detailed information. This is perfect.

Ok. I guess I am not seeing how to pm a file....so I am attaching a test patch here.

Thank you!!!
    You can't send attachments via pm in precentral.
    this patch (headset media) is awesome . Eveything is louder than I need now thanks everyone !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #133  
    Updated post #1 to include jctreo's latest magic for the bluetooth and added descriptions for each patch for clarity. WIll upload to Preware this evening.
    Nope!

(But neither is life.)
    would it be possible to release a safer patch that makes things louder but not too loud that my speaker would blow
    These patches are a collaboration of jctreo, mamouton, joetemp75, and fixxer1022.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...completed.html

The patch spkr-hdst-volume increases the in call volume and media volume on the wired headset and the front and back speaker. After applying patch REBOOT IS MANDATORY for patches to work. Luna restart won't apply change.

bt-media-volume Increases the in call and media volume while on a bluetooth headset. After applying patch REBOOT IS MANDATORY for patches to work. Luna restart won't apply change.

Wired-in-call-headset-volume This is a standalone patch, it only modifies the wired headset file, it does not affect any Pre speaker files at all. This should only be installed if you want to see increased volume while using a wired headset.

spkr-hdst-incall-voulme- combines all the speaker and headset tweaks from this thread.

Trust me you will have to turn your speaker and headset down for fear of blowing a speaker or your eardrum. It is very loud now!

ONLY WORKS ON A PRE OR PRE+

Updated to replace the bluetooth media patch and remove muffled sound.
    I don't think the spkr-hdst-volume patch is attached in the first post. There should be a total of 4 patches attached, right?

It may be good idea to change the color of the patch names in the description for easier identification.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I want to thank those involved in this great patch. My phone just keeping better thanks to this community!

Curious if the ear piece itself can be boosted up as well for phone calls?

Its funny how loud the "swoosh" sound is now.. Anyone thought of patching that sound away? I think I'm over it at this point.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    I too love this patch (these patches) and the work people are doing to bring the various volume levels up.

However, since installing them I have encountered an issue using my Bluetooth (Jawbone icon). The last several phone calls I have made people have complained about difficulty hearing and an echo on the line.

I removed the Bluetooth patch and did a Luna then full restart. The echo problem has vanished.

Headset patch is still operational. Works great.
    Last edited by Mr._Happy; 10/21/2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: grammar
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    would it be possible to release a safer patch that makes things louder but not too loud that my speaker would blow
    When I have a moment, I will try to figure out the values to bump everything only half as much as the maxed out settings.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    I too love this patch (these patches) and the work people are doing to bring the various volume levels up.

However, since installing them I have encountered an issue using my Bluetooth (Jawbone icon). The last several phone calls I have made people have complained about difficulty hearing and an echo on the line.

I removed the Bluetooth patch and did a Luna then full restart. The echo problem has vanished.

Headset patch is still operational. Works great.
    Thank you for the information.

Do you know if you were using the revised in-call BT patch? The first version had people reporting that the person on the other end said they sounded muffled.

If not, maybe try installing it again (from the beginning of this thread) and see if that helps.

Anyone else experiencing similar echo problems on bt?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I want to thank those involved in this great patch. My phone just keeping better thanks to this community!

Curious if the ear piece itself can be boosted up as well for phone calls?

Its funny how loud the "swoosh" sound is now.. Anyone thought of patching that sound away? I think I'm over it at this point.. .
    You mean the front speaker on the phone while in-call? That is included in the patches in post #1.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast