Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i updated the patch and now the thing does not work ? i just got off the phone and had to turn it all the way up to hear the other person ? what up ?
    Can you give me a little more info such as did any of the volume levels increase?

Specifically which one did not? (ie, what were you using when on the call)

Did you install both patches?
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    jc-treo I recieved a couple of emails about the patch:

Fyi - this patch still needs some work after installing and rebooting everyone I call says that the connection is bad staticy and not clear as soon as I disconnect the bluetooth it is improved. I removed the patch and everything was working correctly again.

CORRECTION! It's this patch with the OVER MODULATION,Not the Other one!

Love the INCREASE but HATE THE MUFFELED SOUND! Turned the volumn down but NO CHANGE! I hope you have a REVISED UPDATE! Thanx!
    Is this one email? or 3? Need more information as to exactly which volumes are over modulated and which one is muffled.

The first one talks about in-call blue tooth? Can anyone else report on this? I have used my in-call bluetooth w/o and problems.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Does this patch effect the headset volume too? Any thoughts on making this patch into an application like the good old Volumecare. Would be nice to have separate slides for each interface - front spkr, back spkr, headset, and BT.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    ok i installed the headset patch not bluetooth . before the update it worked great , i had to turn it down from where i normally have the volume set when playing music through my stereo in my truck using an fm transmitter . then i updated it and had to tuen it all the way up when using the transmitter and had to turn the headset earpiece all the way up when talking on the phone a little while ago.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does this patch effect the headset volume too? Any thoughts on making this patch into an application like the good old Volumecare. Would be nice to have separate slides for each interface - front spkr, back spkr, headset, and BT.
    Yes it does handle both incall headset and media playback headset.
    well i uninstalled and reinstalled but not sure if its working or not yet , i will check it out tomorrow and repost afterwards ok !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ok i installed the headset patch not bluetooth . before the update it worked great , i had to turn it down from where i normally have the volume set when playing music through my stereo in my truck using an fm transmitter . then i updated it and had to tuen it all the way up when using the transmitter and had to turn the headset earpiece all the way up when talking on the phone a little while ago.
    When you say 'before the update', do you mean an update to the patch? Or before you installed the patch?
    yes before i noticed the update to the patch it worked great , i installed the patch yesterday and today there was an update , so i updated it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    yes before i noticed the update to the patch it worked great , i installed the patch yesterday and today there was an update , so i updated it !
    Maybe mamouton can help here because I am not sure what the update was for or what was changed.
    kinda puzzled me too lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Just a little info on what I did.

I only modified my external headset volume.

But I had to increase it to 12db, the 6db was still too low.

And there is another value that has to be modified, the one about the clipping (which I think reduces the distortion), I'm not sure what I set that one to.

All of these settings can be found on the following original link that talk about doing this (but it had to modified manually), with the advent of Internalz, it can be really be edited easily without patches if you were inclined to do so.

Here is the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2044679

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Yes this would be a nice app but I think Sconix should put this into his new Advanced System Configuration Patch.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Try installing with Internalz and not Preware, sometimes that fixes the installations issues.

Preware is looking for a special code in all patches, which some patches don't contain so they fail on installation.

Jason knows about what I am talking about, he had a conversation with RW about it about a month ago.

Rob
    Sounds about right, I am able to install the version attached in the first post via internalz. The Preware one would fail everytime.
    all I can say is greatest patch ever!!!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Wow can't believe it was you that took this particular project on!

I always had to modify the files manually after each upgrade.

So many people have struggled with this adjustment, can't wait to test it out. I'm not sure what I have in place right now. I modified the original files, never saved a backup because I didn't care.

Thanks!

Rob
    Grab a backup from webosDoctor, or I can pm you one.

Hope it works for you!
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Maybe mamouton can help here because I am not sure what the update was for or what was changed.
    I had emailed rod and asked him to add the description that it won't install on a Pixi, he told me the best way would be to submit update with that warning in the description. I didn't mess with any files at all.
  17.    #97  
    Is this one email? or 3? Need more information as to exactly which volumes are over modulated and which one is muffled.

The first one talks about in-call blue tooth? Can anyone else report on this? I have used my in-call bluetooth w/o and problems.
    I believe two emails I can't hear myself but after the email I called someone and they it was muffled. How can we lower it down a little bit to see if that makes a difference?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I believe two emails I can't hear myself but after the email I called someone and they it was muffled. How can we lower it down a little bit to see if that makes a difference?
    Sounds good. There are basically 7 patches here:

Media:
    1- wired
    2- BT
    3- back

In-Call:
    4-wired,
    5-Bt,
    6-Back
    7-front.

Which of these should we lower?
    I installed both patches thru internalz yesterday. i have two bt devices a motorola for media use and plantronics for general talking. had complaints about both devices having muffled sound and background noises. turned volume down still same problem. on my end the sound is perfect, crystal clear and loud. I uninstalled both patches to to check and was told the sound on both devices was much improved with no muffling or background sound. any advice, really love these patches.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Yes the same here. German O2 Pre. I did the first call to my wife yesterday with the bluetooth headset. I could hear her loud an clear, a lot better the before. But she said there would be a loud noise in the background she could nearly not understand me.
    Switches top speaker phone and all was fine.

One request also. Could you please also patch the headset-mic.txt profile. The headset.txt profile is not used if you have a headset with a mic.

HaPe
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast