Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Any chance for a lower back speaker patch?
    See post #297. I just added a patch that brings media played through the back speaker up 6dB, rather than 12dB.

You will need to uninstall the previous patch first.

Hope that helps!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Still getiing the same error posted above. I tried using PW and QI with no luck. How do I uninstall this? I really don't want to visit the Dr again..
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Still getiing the same error posted above. I tried using PW and QI with no luck. How do I uninstall this? I really don't want to visit the Dr again..
    You won't need to the Doctor!

I will PM you and we will work through it off line!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    PM'd back. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    PM'd back. Thank you!
    Worked with Freshyz yesterday but it looked like he had other issues with his phone that required doctoring.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Doctored and back to normal. This patch is now working for me.
    Thanks again for your time jc-Treo!
    (now I just need to re-sync my music but iToons is so tempremental about it's non iPod devices)
    Please tell me if there is any patch for low in-call volume for webos 1.4.5. I tried finding patch but it seemed not any patch for it. Pls help! Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VinhNhi View Post
    Please tell me if there is any patch for low in-call volume for webos 1.4.5. I tried finding patch but it seemed not any patch for it. Pls help! Thanks so much!
    first post of the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    first post of the thread?
    I have this error while trying to install all the patch
    I attached the error image.
    Thanks for help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VinhNhi View Post
    I have this error while trying to install all the patch
    I attached the error image.
    Thanks for help!
    Looks like the Internals server is down....try it again later...
    In-call front speaker and in-call wired headset patches for 2.1.0.

I think that should be all of them.

Also- whoever put them up on pre-ware, you might want to add a comment that they require a reboot or a power cycle after install.

Thanks. -Jud

EDIT: I had to break each of these up into two patches. Some phones seem to only have the files in one of the /etc/audio/a or /etc/audio/b folders. My Sprint Pre- has the file in both folders.
    So are you saying that sprint 2.1 devices should install both A & B or anyone of them?

Can installing both at the same time be a problem or cause an error?
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    So are you saying that sprint 2.1 devices should install both A & B or anyone of them?

Can installing both at the same time be a problem or cause an error?
    Yes, on my Sprint 2.1, I had to install both of them.

It turned out that on some carriers, only 1 of them was needed. My original version of the 2.1 patch installed both at the same time. This lead to errors on some phones, so I split the patch up into two.

I think you should be able to go ahead and install both- if you don't need one, you will get an error during install and that particular patch won't be applied.

Hope that makes sense. I have since returned to 1.4.5- the speed hit for 2.1 was not worth it for me!
    Yes, on my Sprint 2.1, I had to install both of them.

It turned out that on some carriers, only 1 of them was needed. My original version of the 2.1 patch installed both at the same time. This lead to errors on some phones, so I split the patch up into two.

I think you should be able to go ahead and install both- if you don't need one, you will get an error during install and that particular patch won't be applied.

Hope that makes sense. I have since returned to 1.4.5- the speed hit for 2.1 was not worth it for me!
    I agree I like the functionality of 2.1 I have a pre plus on sprint, that makes a difference compared to a pre-. Its the extra ram that does it. I was thinking about going back also until I installed F102B kernel. Now its just a few bugs that bug me, but they are slowly getting worked out by new patches. I still am using a test profile for the time being incase I have to go back to 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I agree I like the functionality of 2.1 I have a pre plus on sprint, that makes a difference compared to a pre-. Its the extra ram that does it. I was thinking about going back also until I installed F102B kernel. Now its just a few bugs that bug me, but they are slowly getting worked out by new patches. I still am using a test profile for the time being incase I have to go back to 1.4.5.
    Actually, I had been using uberkernel in 2.1, and decided to install F104A Starfighter. Somehow I borked the install and the phone would not boot. Tried all of the advanced recovery methods. Had to doctor it, so I decided I would take the opportunity to head back to 1.4.5....

and yes, this is all on a Sprint Pre-...
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 05/06/2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Quick question,

This does not work on a Pre 2, correct? If not, is there any patch that could increase the volume of the back speaker on the Pre 2? If someone wants to make a +6db one, I'll be the first to thank you

I really want this patch on my Pre 2.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Quick question,

This does not work on a Pre 2, correct? If not, is there any patch that could increase the volume of the back speaker on the Pre 2? If someone wants to make a +6db one, I'll be the first to thank you

Sorry, no idea if it works on the Pre 2.

If you can get me the contents of your /etc/audio directory, I can take a look.
    Sorry, no idea if it works on the Pre 2.

If you can get me the contents of your /etc/audio directory, I can take a look.
    I would post it, if I knew it wasn't a violation of any copyright laws.

There's 21 items inside a folder labeled 'b'.

If I posted the code for 'media_back_speaker.txt' is that a violation of any laws? Is that what you need from me?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts

If I posted the code for 'media_back_speaker.txt' is that a violation of any laws? Is that what you need from me?
    hmm- First- did you try to install the patch? It should just fail if it is not compatible.

Why not just post a list of the files. Then anyone can legally download the relevant Doctor and extract the files to look at.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quick question,

It worked on my Pre2. Make sure to do a full phone restart to get it to work.