Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    I wanted to remove the patch and reinstall it, and it won't show up in WebOSQI or Preware. It only shows one in WebOSQI. I believe it was the media patch and I uninstalled it and restarted the Pre and noticed the volume is still high.

The only reason I wanted to uninstall this was to see once again what the volume was like without it. Sometimes when I'm on a call using my bluetooth headset, the volume is distorting and that is with the volume all the way down!!

Does anyone know how to uninstall this patch properly??

Thanks.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Try this one. The original was at +0dB. My original tweak set it to +12dB. The attached is +6dB.

Think you might need to uninstall your current patch, then install this version.

EDIT: Patch revised to include front speaker in-call volume increase patch
    yay found what I was looking for front speaker increase volume. So how do I apply this patch to my phone? ( I've been up since 4:30AM and my brain's not working up to par yet....2 cups of coffee in the last 4 hours ain't cutting it)
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I wanted to remove the patch and reinstall it, and it won't show up in WebOSQI or Preware. It only shows one in WebOSQI. I believe it was the media patch and I uninstalled it and restarted the Pre and noticed the volume is still high.

The only reason I wanted to uninstall this was to see once again what the volume was like without it. Sometimes when I'm on a call using my bluetooth headset, the volume is distorting and that is with the volume all the way down!!

Does anyone know how to uninstall this patch properly??

Thanks.
    Try rebooting by holding the top switch down and flicking the mute switch back and forth 3 times. Just want to make sure you got it fully restarted.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    yay found what I was looking for front speaker increase volume. So how do I apply this patch to my phone? ( I've been up since 4:30AM and my brain's not working up to par yet....2 cups of coffee in the last 4 hours ain't cutting it)
    I believe it should be in preware? Otherwise, you can use WebOS Quick Install to add the patch.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    I just checked Preware, and what it describes is for the increase only on a bluetooth headset. Been a long time since I've used WOSQI, so I guess that's my route to take. The only thing I'm really looking at increasing is the earspeaker on the phone itself, don't have a bluetooth, not interested in a wired headset,
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Hey guys, I managed to update this one to work with webOS 2.1. You mind if I update the patches page with it? Or do you all have plans to update it?

-Dan
    awesome, i dont think it matters if you do as long as you give credit where credit is due.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHammer View Post
    Hey guys, I managed to update this one to work with webOS 2.1. You mind if I update the patches page with it? Or do you all have plans to update it?

-Dan
    Great! Thanks Dan! Go for it. I was going to look at it again, but have not gotten around to updating my Sprint Pre Minus...
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 03/10/2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Submitted. Hopefully it actually works for everyone. Installed fine for me!

-Dan
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Submitted. Hopefully it actually works for everyone. Installed fine for me!

-Dan
    Thanks Dan!

Curious- what did you have to change? Just the line numbers?
    Well, after attempting to install the patch one more time, it seems the patch I submitted does not actually do the job. Originally, I just self modified the files, and that worked. Then after seeing a few people wanted this patch, I just ran the files through the UnifiedDiffCreator and slapped them together. That's what I submitted...and doesn't work. So then I just set the original side-by-side with the patch file I created and updated the original with the new line numbers. Still no dice. I'm kinda new to this, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Its almost like the files are unaccessable to the installer. Like I said, manually editing and installing works, just can't get a usable patch outta it....

Help would be great. I'd really like to start learning this stuff!

Edit: I thought I'd clear up the inevitable question about why 'It installed fine for me!' was false. It SEEMED to install through Internalz for me after a few failures. I thought it was just my internet connection since the first error was a network related error.

-Dan
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Well, after attempting to install the patch one more time, it seems the patch I submitted does not actually do the job. Originally, I just self modified the files, and that worked. Then after seeing a few people wanted this patch, I just ran the files through the UnifiedDiffCreator and slapped them together. That's what I submitted...and doesn't work. So then I just set the original side-by-side with the patch file I created and updated the original with the new line numbers. Still no dice. I'm kinda new to this, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Its almost like the files are unaccessable to the installer. Like I said, manually editing and installing works, just can't get a usable patch outta it....

Help would be great. I'd really like to start learning this stuff!

Edit: I thought I'd clear up the inevitable question about why 'It installed fine for me!' was false. It SEEMED to install through Internalz for me after a few failures. I thought it was just my internet connection since the first error was a network related error.

-Dan
    are you trying to install using WebOS Quick Install? If so, did you remember to put the phone into developer mode? (silly question, but had to ask)

are there any error messages you could post?
    Yes, I'm using WebOS QuickInstall and Internalz is also giving errors. And yes the Pre is in Dev mode. That's a fair question by the way.....
    Attached is the error from WOSQI.

-Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm using WebOS QuickInstall and Internalz is also giving errors. And yes the Pre is in Dev mode. That's a fair question by the way.....
    Attached is the error from WOSQI.

-Dan
    hmm...I guess if you post the original file, the modified file, and the patch file, I can see if the patch file is correct.

I should probably get around to updating my pre-, but I am worried about the speed!
    hmm...I guess if you post the original file, the modified file, and the patch file, I can see if the patch file is correct.

I should probably get around to updating my pre-, but I am worried about the speed!
    There are the files. And for the record, I'm actually running 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre-. I am running a modified kernel, but that's really only to make the Flash somewhat useful. I think that it runs fine on the Pre-.

Anyway, thanks for looking at this! Let me know what if anything you can do to fix it. In the mean time, I'll use my modded files!

-Dan
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    There are the files. And for the record, I'm actually running 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre-. I am running a modified kernel, but that's really only to make the Flash somewhat useful. I think that it runs fine on the Pre-.

Anyway, thanks for looking at this! Let me know what if anything you can do to fix it. In the mean time, I'll use my modded files!

-Dan
    Awesome! So how do you think 2.1.0 compares, assuming you are running the same kernel on both? Is it slower? by much?

anywho....regarding the patches.... could it be that you made a patch to the patch file itself? The original patch file modifies a number of files in the /etc/audio directory. I am thinking that maybe you edited the patch file, and then ran the diff generator against the original patch file and the modified patch file?

Could that be possible?
    Awesome! So how do you think 2.1.0 compares, assuming you are running the same kernel on both? Is it slower? by much?

anywho....regarding the patches.... could it be that you made a patch to the patch file itself? The original patch file modifies a number of files in the /etc/audio directory. I am thinking that maybe you edited the patch file, and then ran the diff generator against the original patch file and the modified patch file?

Could that be possible?
    About 2.1, I think that it runs smooth with the stock kernel. It runs near flawless with an overclocked kernel.

About the patch. No, what I did was modify the files that the original patch file modified manually and then ran ALL THE FILES SEPARATELY through the diff generator. Then I combined those files to create my patch. I didn't even touch the original patch after I modified the original files.

-Dan
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    About 2.1, I think that it runs smooth with the stock kernel. It runs near flawless with an overclocked kernel.

About the patch. No, what I did was modify the files that the original patch file modified manually and then ran ALL THE FILES SEPARATELY through the diff generator. Then I combined those files to create my patch. I didn't even touch the original patch after I modified the original files.

-Dan
    Thanks Dan.

I am in the process of upgrading to 2.1...

In the meantime, I am not sure, but the patch files you posted do not look like the ones I have seen that are generated using Jason's unified diff creator. Compare the ones you posted to the ones at the start of this thread.

Any idea why they look different?

Once I get everything upgraded, I will try to take a look at it too...

cheers!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ok-

see the attached. I think this should increase the media volume for a wired headset on a pre running WebOS 2.1.0

EDIT: I delete the patch that was attached. Finally have 2.1.0 running on my pre- and also am getting an error when I try to install.
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 03/11/2011 at 04:29 PM.
  20.    #260  
    Hey jc-treo what about bluetooth?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums