Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    Can an option be added to set a max volume level (at least for media?), my volume buttons are sometimes a bit sticky & I don't want to have my eardrums blown out in case it does get stuck & go all the way up..
    Great comment.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to make the pre do the additional signal processing necessary to have a maximum volume level. You can access the pulse audio settings, but that's about as far as I have gotten. Nothing that would set a max volume threshold.

There are some patches I think that let you control the volume from the screen. Maybe that would be an alternative than the hard keys?
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    hmm, well i've been dissecting the patch, but i'm not sure which values correspond with what, is there any documentation around so that I might customize max levels to my liking?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    This was a link to the manual from TI, but it looks like they have changed it again:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu052d/swcu052d.pdf

I think I should have an old copy of the manual I could email to you.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    This was a link to the manual from TI, but it looks like they have changed it again:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu052d/swcu052d.pdf

I think I should have an old copy of the manual I could email to you.

Found the manual on-line:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu052e/swcu052e.pdf

Please let me know if there is anything in particular I can help you with! The relevant part starts around page 600.

Take care.
    I went back to my pre and I am loving this patch! I am using the patch raising the volumes by 6db from post #35.
    Does this patch increase the incall volume? I know that the patches from the first post do, but what about this one?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by stu5797; 11/13/2010 at 02:51 PM.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I went back to my pre and I am loving this patch! I am using the patch raising the volumes by 6db from post #38.
    Does this patch increase the incall volume? I know that the patches from the first post do, but what about this one?
    Thanks,
    Thanks. I think you mean post #35?

Odd- I went back and checked it and it did not include the front speaker in-call patch. I must have grabbed the wrong version when I originally revised it.

In any event- un-install the one you have and install the revised one in post #35. I just posted the revision.

Let me know if that helps.
    Yes lol. 35. Thanks for the quick response! Will install now! Last question? I just want to confirm that this patch also increases the speakerphone.
    Thanks JCtreo!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Yes lol. 35. Thanks for the quick response! Will install now! Last question? I just want to confirm that this patch also increases the speakerphone.
    Thanks JCtreo!
    Yes, it should increase the speakerphone volume. (the original version in post #35 also should have done that. The only thing missing was the front-speaker incall volume)

Good luck!
    Okay Thanks again. The speakerphone is louder! Everything works perfectly!
    Thanks everyone for their awesome work!
    Last edited by stu5797; 11/13/2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: was wrong
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Okay Thanks again. The speakerphone is louder! Everything works perfectly!
    Thanks everyone for their awesome work!
    Great! (note- the speaker phone volume is only increased for the loudest setting, when the volume control is ran all the way up.)
  11. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    quick question: which patch is better? the one in Preware or the one in post #35 or the ones on post #1? I guess I'm a little confused since there are so many posts on this thread and not sure.

The one on Preware is v1.4.5-96
    Last edited by mk3; 11/17/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    quick question: which patch is better? the one in Preware or the one in post #35 or the ones on post #1? I guess I'm a little confused since there are so many posts on this thread and not sure.

The one on Preware is v1.4.5-96
    Start with the ones in preware. Come back here if you have problems.

I would also suggest you turn your volumes way down before you install. That way, it will not be too loud when you reboot.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi, I am new to PreCentral and just got my Sprint Palm Pre (ebay) Friday. I have been playing around with preware and woqi and everything is great and so is this place.
    However, I still have a problem with the ear piece volume being really soft. I can barely hear the other person the other end. It is soooo soft, I end up going to speakerphone all the time. I have tried all the patches in this forum (first page and post #35) and the link on the first page using WOQI and the one on preware, but they do not help increasing my earpiece volume. I also tried doctoring my pre and then try again with the patches, but still it is sooooo soft.
    The volume is all the way up when i'm in call, but it's still soooo soft, i can't hear! Placing my ear on directly doesn't help either.

Is there any other reasons why it is so soft and are there any other solutions to help me? Please help, thank You!
  14.    #214  
    did you turn phone off and back on again. A luna restart is not enough.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    did you turn phone off and back on again. A luna restart is not enough.
    Yes, I have tried that also. I still get the same result.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by h2onions View Post
    Yes, I have tried that also. I still get the same result.
    Maybe a bad speaker?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Maybe a bad speaker?
    Maybe, but if I can still hear at least a little bit, would it mean it's still fine or no?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Maybe, but if I can still hear at least a little bit, would it mean it's still fine or no?
    I am not sure, but I seem to recall reading some threads from people with very quiet front speakers. Sounded like they ended up having to exchange the phone.

Maybe take it down to sprint and see if you can compare it with another pre?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Also- did ANY of the volumes seem louder after installing the patches? (just want to verify they were installed properly.)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Also- did ANY of the volumes seem louder after installing the patches? (just want to verify they were installed properly.)
    No, none of them seemed any louder to me . I was still very quit, and I could barely hear the person on the other line. I restarted (not luna restart) the phone. It's still hard to hear.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast