Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 348
  1. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I received an email I asked hom to post here but here it is.

    I tried the latest patch, & have the same problem with calls. They are way too load, & I would love to only boost media volume. Is that oossible?
    Thank you Mamouton!

    Attached is a patch for media volume (back speaker and wired headset) only. Hope this helps.

    Cheers. -Jud

    EDIT: I have updated the patch. It seems that the portion of the patch in post #1 used to increased media wired headset volume was incorrect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 05/09/2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  2. stlsports's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Thank you Mamouton!

    Attached is a patch for media volume (back speaker and wired headset) only. Hope this helps.

    Cheers. -Jud
    i use a jawbone for calls, and a wep870 for a2dp media play. i want to only boost media, as i find that on calls it distorts both me, and the caller so bad it's undecipherable. any way to do that?
  3. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlsports View Post
    i use a jawbone for calls, and a wep870 for a2dp media play. i want to only boost media, as i find that on calls it distorts both me, and the caller so bad it's undecipherable. any way to do that?
    Yes. Uninstall your current volume patch(s) and install the one in my post #181. This should increase media only, and only played through the back speaker or wired headset.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I do not think the earlier patches seem to up a2dp volume, or at least not by much.

    The attached patch increases a2dp volume through pulseaudio. This patch will cause clipping when listening to some material through a2dp at the loudest volumes.

    I was not able to install this patch via email, and had to use webOSQuickInstall. A full reboot is required. (my Pre rebooted itself after webOSQI finished.)

    This patch modifies /etc/pulse/system.pa and should not conflict with any of the other volume patches which work in /etc/audio.

    Please let me know your results.
    I tried this patch by the way, and have to say that the clipping is so bad that it made it useless for music.

    Like you said, some media might benefit from it. I tested it using the opening sequence of Pink Floyd's "Goodbye Blue Sky" and at first was excited because I could hear the little boy say "Look mummy, there's an airplane up in the sky!" without having my volume turned up ridiculously high in my car, but then when it got to the music itself it was distorted terribly even at 40% volume.

    Thanks for the effort though.
  5.    #185  
    jc-treo this is the only file it seems we haven't tweaked. media_front_speaker.txt
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I do not think the earlier patches seem to up a2dp volume, or at least not by much.

    The attached patch increases a2dp volume through pulseaudio. This patch will cause clipping when listening to some material through a2dp at the loudest volumes.

    I was not able to install this patch via email, and had to use webOSQuickInstall. A full reboot is required. (my Pre rebooted itself after webOSQI finished.)

    This patch modifies /etc/pulse/system.pa and should not conflict with any of the other volume patches which work in /etc/audio.

    Please let me know your results.

    Many thanks!
    I tweaked this file media_a2dp.txt based on what you did to the back speaker and it is loud for me. When I read the description it says
    # 10/3 - use back speaker as base for a2dp
    I interpret that to mean the changes you make in a2dp should be the same as they are in the media back speaker.txt

    I notice the difference on my jawbone icon when i tweak the a2dp.txt file.
  7. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    jc-treo this is the only file it seems we haven't tweaked. media_front_speaker.txt
    Hi Mamouton.

    Yes, I do not think that is used for anything. Is there anyway to play media through the front speaker?
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  8. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tweaked this file media_a2dp.txt based on what you did to the back speaker and it is loud for me. When I read the description it says
    # 10/3 - use back speaker as base for a2dp
    I interpret that to mean the changes you make in a2dp should be the same as they are in the media back speaker.txt

    I notice the difference on my jawbone icon when i tweak the a2dp.txt file.
    Great! For some reason, it seems to make not difference for my motorla S9's when using them to listen to mp3's....
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Hi Mamouton.

    Yes, I do not think that is used for anything. Is there anyway to play media through the front speaker?
    I don't know. I never knew there was more than one speaker lol!
  10. Flak's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #190  
    Maybe it's just my bad luck... tried the patches that are in preware on 3 different pre's and now have 3 pres that sound like they all have a blown back speaker.... uninstalled the patches via preware, and did a doc restore and all 3 still sound like the back speaker is blown, so I'm assuming the back speaker truly is blown on all 3......
  11. Flak's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #191  
    I've tried uninstalling the patch, I've tried running the emergency recovery, I've tried doctor and I've tried a full secure reset from the handsets.

    Going to go through the whole process again on one of them.

    *was responding to jc-treo's post which now seems to be gone...
    Last edited by Flak; 11/03/2010 at 11:08 PM.
  12. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    Maybe it's just my bad luck... tried the patches that are in preware on 3 different pre's and now have 3 pres that sound like they all have a blown back speaker.... uninstalled the patches via preware, and did a doc restore and all 3 still sound like the back speaker is blown, so I'm assuming the back speaker truly is blown on all 3......
    ...my back speaker is distorted too. ...even at low volume levels. ;-( thinking it might be blown as well.
  13.    #193  
    Which version of the patch are you using? jc-treo created one that lowered the volume by half. I am not experiencing any problems with the bluetooth or back speaker hack and I have running the back speaker patch for quite awhile.
  14. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #194  
    Doctoring would have removed all the patches. If you are still having problems I guess it must be hardware.

    I have been running various volume patches for well over a year w/o any problems. However, these patches are driving the hardware harder than Palm wanted things to be driven. These patches can blow a speaker, an earphone, one of the Pre's internal amplifiers, or even your ears!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  15. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post

    *was responding to jc-treo's post which now seems to be gone...
    Sorry. Internet was down last night and I was trying to connect through my pre in a low signal area. :-(

    Doctoring would have removed the patches for sure. It is surprising that you had trouble with 3 pre's. I have been using the speakerphone and wired headset volume patches for over a year, and on 3 different pre's, without problems. However, the back-speaker-media patch is newer. I personally have not had any issues, but these patches are over driving the hardware and could easily damage something!
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  16. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    Maybe it's just my bad luck... tried the patches that are in preware on 3 different pre's and now have 3 pres that sound like they all have a blown back speaker.... uninstalled the patches via preware, and did a doc restore and all 3 still sound like the back speaker is blown, so I'm assuming the back speaker truly is blown on all 3......

    This is probably obvious but I should mention it anyway: Just installing a patch should not result in this. You would need to install the patch and then play it at a very loud level to damage anything.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  17. Flak's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    This is probably obvious but I should mention it anyway: Just installing a patch should not result in this. You would need to install the patch and then play it at a very loud level to damage anything.
    Maybe this is just my experience, but on all three devices. After installing the patch from preware and restarting the devices it resets the audio volume (it was at full before the patches) to 7 bars. 7 bars on all 3 sounded fine with streaming music but alarms/ringtones and such were distorted. So I lowered volume to 6 bars which sounded fine. And it was fine for about a week, maybe two. Then I noticed the speaker sounded blown, was distorted at any volume over 3 bars. Doctored the phones, sounds still distorted at anything over 3 bars. And at 3 bars any sounds at stock are barely noticeable.

    Going to see if palm will replace the phones or repair them under warranty.
  18. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    Maybe this is just my experience, but on all three devices. After installing the patch from preware and restarting the devices it resets the audio volume (it was at full before the patches) to 7 bars. 7 bars on all 3 sounded fine with streaming music but alarms/ringtones and such were distorted. So I lowered volume to 6 bars which sounded fine. And it was fine for about a week, maybe two. Then I noticed the speaker sounded blown, was distorted at any volume over 3 bars. Doctored the phones, sounds still distorted at anything over 3 bars. And at 3 bars any sounds at stock are barely noticeable.

    Wish I could help. Just tested and ran back speaker full volume on my Sprint pre using the loadest mp3's I have (I had previously increased their volume using mpTrim) for about a half hour, went through all of my ring tones as well, and all seems to be fine.

    Wonder if some pre's use different hardware? Which pre do you have? Mine is a Sprint refurb, and my previous one was a launch day sprint.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  19. Flak's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #199  
    They are all sprint, one is launch day, one is a replacement/refurb, and one is a recent purchase from HP.
  20. #200  
    Can an option be added to set a max volume level (at least for media?), my volume buttons are sometimes a bit sticky & I don't want to have my eardrums blown out in case it does get stuck & go all the way up..
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions