Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VasTheGreek
  1.    #1  
    would it be possible to have a patch that provides a function similar to the call blocking/auto hangup patches, only for SMS/MMS instead of phone calls? Or maybe one that could auto-reply with a custom message to any SMS from specific number(s) in a blacklist fashion?
    Who is ur service provider? Cause actually sprint allows you to block mms/sms from numbers. Just sign into your account online and it's under manage site. I am using it to block text forwards from my pain in the *** cousin.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I made a similar request some time back. Looking for some messages can alert me and display on the notification area, while those from blocked senders just go to the messaging "inbox" without bothering me with a notification. Didn't get much interest from the patch creating folks tho. Good luck, I think these are great ideas for patching.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    if you are on sprint use these texts

text "9999"
    message "block xxx-xxx-xxxx"

or

text "9999"
    message "unblock xxx-xxx-xxxx"

you won't see any texts & won't be able to send any to/from that number
    this is still a cool idea to be able to block/unblock per contact SMS/MMS. or to be able to create a catagory that is automatically blocked/logged silently. I think there are numerous benifits for this app/patch.
    FYI, if you have sprint you can do this by loggin into to your sprint profile online.

You click the down arrow in the upper right side of the screen near the log out button.

Then go to Preferences.

Then Update My Profile.

Then Limits and Permissions.

Here you can add numbers to block data/text/& voice.
    I've checked out the site and it will filter text messages, but it will not filter MMS without cancelling your sprint picture mail storage. I would prefer having control of it on the phone as an app/patch.
    As a Verizon user an app/patch would be great.
    I am getting SPAM SMS at least once a day. I would love a patch the rejects SMS message from anyone not in my contact list.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am getting SPAM SMS at least once a day. I would love a patch the rejects SMS message from anyone not in my contact list.
    +.5 on this. I would prefer to still receive the message in the inbox, just not a notification unless sender is in contacts. Or even not get notified by some people in contacts.

Bump

Bump

Bump
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I'd just be happy to be able to block the "friends/relatives" that think that they have to send me the moronic forwards....
    +1
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    How about a patch for non US networks? To autodelete a message....
    Try installing Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs (requires Advanced System Prefs- Framework) It gives you an option to block messages from senders in the top left menu of an opened message thread.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Try installing Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs (requires Advanced System Prefs- Framework) It gives you an option to block messages from senders in the top left menu of an opened message thread.
    I have it installed but I didn't realise there was this option available. Awesome !!! Many thanks
    Vas

Edit: I had a look but it only does for calls. Not text messages.
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 07/17/2012 at 05:24 AM.
    sledge007 likes this.