Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I want a way to keep other people out of my phone with a more creative way than a stupid pin number or password (witch requires you to open up the slider) can someone make a patch to replace the unlock slider with something like that connect the dots unlock that the droid has?\ or something similar
    *cough, ahem* Pixi.

Seriously, the droid unlock dots are cool...this option would be nice for pre and pixi owners, imho.
    I think it should be DIFFERENT and unique from other phones.
    It's kinda stupid copying other phones styles.
    If you're like that, just go buy a Droid phone. Or an iPhone.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I think it should be DIFFERENT and unique from other phones.
    It's kinda stupid copying other phones styles.
    If you're like that, just go buy a Droid phone. Or an iPhone.
    I think Demlor is "-1" in the idea. Demlor, nice post...constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    I think Demlor is "-1" in the idea. Demlor, nice post...constructive.
    Look who's talking.
    At least my post was on topic.
    Unlike yours, very constructive there.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    OP + 1

Demlor -10

it's a good idea. I'd love to draw a "Rune" symbol over my screen and that be the only way to unlock it. Don't think it's possible, but it would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    *cough, ahem* Pixi.

Seriously, the droid unlock dots are cool...this option would be nice for pre and pixi owners, imho.
    Then you'll have more people locking themselves out of there phones. We have an option between Simple pins and passwords and people still lock themselves out. Imagine what will happen when they have to remember what pattern they locked their phones with...

And oh yeah...thats impossible...I mean, the pattern from droid. As for now, cannot be done.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    As for now, cannot be done.
    What's the issue with duplicating a droid-type unlock in webOS?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just really dont see why its that big of a deal to make one. I mean we have overclocked our devices, completely changed how our devices look and feel. i would imagine it wouldnt be too hard to create certain alternatives to unlocks.
    bump
    i am in favor of this +10. i think since it is a PATCH, and to patch your phone you need to have some brains, the chances of you locking yourself out of your phone is like, -10. just my 2 cents
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigunesq View Post
    I just really dont see why its that big of a deal to make one. I mean we have overclocked our devices, completely changed how our devices look and feel. i would imagine it wouldnt be too hard to create certain alternatives to unlocks.
    I dont think that part of the phone is available to the developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont think that part of the phone is available to the developers.
    Yep, that's it. They won't let them play with the lockscreens in that manner.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yeah im pretty sure they made it so that no one can mess with the lock aspect, if you truly want that unlock screen then go get android
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    well demlor is sorta right but not really. why are there themes?...... to be be able to make your pre the way YOU want it. FULL control...thats why i love webOS....patches and everything....iphone doesnt have that and android doesnt really either...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I agree that unlock alternatives could be pretty cool. Maybe webOS 2 will allow stuff like this. I know the current version doesn't allow apps to access the mic - if they open that up we could see unlock by voice password.