1.    #1  
    As some of you may know, I've been poking away at overclocking the Pixi kernel. Now, I have my own request to make.

When reading web pages, sometimes pages are not mobile aware (gasp!) and render in their full page glory. This makes it really hard to read sometimes, even after accounting for the double tap zoom-in.

So I thought it would be nice to have a patch that does the following:

1) Add a button to the web browser (currently, there are back and refresh buttons)
    2) When button is pressed, it will run the current page through a local (preferably) copy of readability and reformat into nice clean readable text.

For those of you who have not heard of Readability, see here for more info.

Readability - An Arc90 Lab Experiment

Thanks!

PS. As additional incentive, I promise to try to ramp up to faster cpu speeds sooner rather than later.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Readability has a bookmarklet ( I think ) that works for other browsers. It does not work with the webOS 1.4.5 browser. Heres hoping that the 2.0 version browser supports bookmarklets. If that happens, we dont need a patch; we can even add other bookmarklets like Find In Page.
    There is an alternative to Readability:
    Viewtext.org
    ViewText.org API

With an extra Button (e.g. Browser Patch) you could catch the URL and open it in a new card with viewtext API.

I have no experience with writing patches - would it be possible to do it this way?

Code:
    http://viewtext.org/api/text?url={url}&format={format}&callback={callback}

* {url}: REQUIRED. The url of the text to fetch
        * {format}: OPTIONAL. The return type. Valid values are: html, json, xml. Default is html
        * {callback}: OPTIONAL, only required for JSONP. The JSONP callback method

Other optional parameters
        * &rl={true/false}: Redirect links in text through viewtext.org. Default true.
        * &mld={decimal}: Remove HTML nodes with a link density greater than or equal to {decimal}. Default .8

Example with jQuery

$("#button").click(function () {
    	    $.getJSON("http://viewtext.org/api/text?url=" + $("#url").val() + "&callback=?",
    	    function (data) {
    		    $("#article-text-demo").html(data.content);
    	    });
        });
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Also, from Free Publisher Tools Readability we can stick this piece of code
    <div class="rdbWrapper" data-show-read="1" data-show-send-to-kindle="0" data-show-print="0" data-show-email="0" data-orientation="0" data-version="1"></div><script type="text/javascript">(function() {var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0],rdb = document.createElement("script"); rdb.type = "text/javascript"; rdb.async = true; rdb.src = document.location.protocol + "//www.readability.com/embed.jsjsjs&$quot$;; $s$.$parentNode$.$insertBefore$($rdb$, $s$); })();&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$;

I think this piece of code goes in usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-scene.html . However I am not sure what goes in usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $make$ $it$ $work$.

Any help from the community ?