Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I turn on my wifi at work or when I am somewhere that has wifi, but often forget to turn of the wifi after leaving. This causes the phone to search & search for wifi & burns up my battery. I think it would be great to have a patch that let you set a notificatio/vibrate or sound when your phone couldn't find wifi after a period of time (30 secs maybe).

Would anyone else find this helpful?
    Mode Switcher by Sconix can do exactly what you want. You set up a mode that triggers when the WIFI disconnects, and this can then turn off your WIFI radio.
    I leave my WiFi on all the time and it doesn't seem to eat through my battery, though it is annoying driving by a McDonalds and automatically connecting to their WiFi for a few seconds.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    anyone know how often mode switcher pings gps when using that to determin if I want my wifi on or not?

I wonder what's better for battery between ms pinging gps and leaving your wifi on all the time

note that my gps is off in my sys menu, but it still seems to work with ms using google location or something
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Mode Switcher by Sconix can do exactly what you want. You set up a mode that triggers when the WIFI disconnects, and this can then turn off your WIFI radio.
    I have a mode setup identically to what you've described. When I leave home and disconnect from my home network, the mode turns off my WIFI radio. However, I have not figured out a way for it to automatically turn it WIFI on when I return home. Any suggestions?