1.    #1  
    Folks;

using the Pre for a couple of weeks now, I have to say I am overally pretty happy with most of its functionality. However, there is only one major thing left bugging me: Is there any option, patch, ... available to make the Pre mail client just download e-mail headers and fetch the "full" mail only if I decide to actually read it? In most situations, my business mail account gets pretty much filled with mails with large attachments (mostly PDFs), and few of them I actually want to have on my Pre, especially not in situations in which I am online using a "thin" GPRS link. At the moment, if my inbox is filled enough, it's just a "all-or-nothing" approach which doesn't allow for just downloading that particular message I am waiting for.

Is there anything that can be done about that? Just syncing headers definitely would be best, but maybe something like "just-fetch-messages-up-to-x-MB" also would do...

TIA and all the best,
    Kristian
    Can't do this with factory config and I just did a patch search and didn't come up with anything.

This would be a great idea when in foreign countries (save money) and while connected to x1 (2G) data coverage (save time).
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This would be a great idea when in foreign countries (save money) and while connected to x1 (2G) data coverage (save time).
    Thanks a bunch for your thoughts on that... Yeah, it would both save money and time, and it would make things a little more "controllable". Not sure how easy this could be done, though...

K.