Power button?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Power button?
    lol

the white button.
    Okay...I'm lost....you were joking in the OP or did I completely miss your question?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The silver button on the original Pre...
    No, this has been covered several times, and no, it cannot be done as it's controlled by a binary propietary program from Palm instead of the standard javascript files that are modified by most (if not all) patches on Preware.

Sorry
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    In other words - developers have no access to that button, so there's nothing that can be done. (I would love that feature too - but nothing yet).
    OH! Duh.

The other issue with this would be that as soon as you put the phone in your pocket and the button was pressed, the phone would be on and doing magical things all by itself.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    lol

the white button.
    How about the power button on the top corner? You don't have to slide it to wake it, you just hit that button.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    How about the power button on the top corner? You don't have to slide it to wake it, you just hit that button.

And if your power button is jammed or otherwise not working? As on both mine and my wife's Sprint Pre's. Out of warranty and not wanting to spend the $100 on Asurion for each phone with the possibility of new hardware coming out Real Soon Now(tm).
    I don't have the link handy since I'm on the mobile version but somebody please cue the power button thread for this gent!
    Remove power button.
    Jamb some junk in behind it.
    Replace power button.
    Enjoy results.

Or something like that...there is a thread around here someplace on this. I will look for it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Some help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...placement.html

and

DIY- Fixing the Problem
    - As another user noted the button is easy to take off. Get a small flathead screw driver and stick it under the battery side of the button and pry a little. Then go to the screen-side of the button on the left then right side and it pops right off. (Note: Be sure to get it just under the button. The goal is to pop the button off not pry the lid apart, so be gentle)
    - Look down in the hole where the button was and you will see a silver pad. That is the contact pad. You can test that it still works by pushing down on it with the end of a dull pencil. The pad should click when pressed and the screen should turn on. Pressing again should turn off the screen. If it doesn't then your problem is beyond the scope of this post.
    - Notice that the hole is in the shape of a "T". You need to find a rubber band that will fit the width of top part of the "T". Then cut it to match the length of the top part of the "T" and shove it in there. (Note that if the rubber band is too wide the button won't fit back on, so find one less wide.)
    - Pop the button back into place and you should be in business. The power button will then click when pressed down and spring up when released. Remember when replacing the button that the two little tabs go toward the screen and the large post goes towards the back (i.e. the Top of the "T").
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Excellent! Worked for mine.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Now, if only I could fix my broken volume button (the button actually broke and the popples came out). At least there are patches to workaround that one.
    Popples came out!!!!

Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The other issue with this would be that as soon as you put the phone in your pocket and the button was pressed, the phone would be on and doing magical things all by itself.
    I don't think this would be an isse, as long as you still have to swipe the screen with your finger to unlock the phone after you press the silver button.

This feature would be handy, but maybe it's obsolete since Palm is moving away from having a dedicated button in the gesture area.

Rob
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Popples came out!!!!

Teeheehee.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I don't think this would be an isse, as long as you still have to swipe the screen with your finger to unlock the phone after you press the silver button.

This feature would be handy, but maybe it's obsolete since Palm is moving away from having a dedicated button in the gesture area.

Rob
    yes and yes...and sad