Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I am away from home and do not have access to a bluetooth headset to work with....

Looking at the pixi files now from webos doctor. The audio set up seems much different. I am not seeing where any of the audio config files are...
    I recall the same thing when I made the back speaker patch when stu asked me.

Is there a formula for the settings:
    setreg 0x07 0x08
    setreg 0x08 0x00
    How would one know what to change?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I recall the same thing when I made the back speaker patch when stu asked me.

Is there a formula for the settings:
    setreg 0x07 0x08
    setreg 0x08 0x00
    How would one know what to change?
    Yes, you can find the info in the TI manual:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/swcu052d/swcu052d.pdf

Haha very funny! I will look at the manual and try to decipher or just wait till you get back to a bluetooth
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Haha very funny! I will look at the manual and try to decipher or just wait till you get back to a bluetooth
    haha! Sorry! The audio stuff is in chapter 13. It goes through all the registers, and what the various settings are for each one.

(07 and 08 appear to be controlling various settings, but do not seem to relate to volume.)

Still surprised at how different the pixi is!
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    jctreo were you able to look at the wireless hdst file I posted to see if you could make any changes?

Here is the combined patch of all the volume patches.
    Just to be clear, this includes all these?
    back-speaker
    headset-volume
    media-back-speaker
    front-speaker-a-b
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Could someone with a pixi post a listing of all of the files in /sys/devices/platform ?

(this does not seem to be included in the webos doctor for the pixi)

Pixi using a Qualcomm chipset. Evidently information is harder to come by in comparison to the TI processor the Pre uses.
    There are a bunch when going to /sys/devices/platform/ in Internalz. Is there a specific file you are looking for? How would I get these to you so you can see them. Hopefully someone with a pixi and more knowledge of computers can get this to you.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Just to be clear, this includes all these?
    back-speaker
    headset-volume
    media-back-speaker
    front-speaker-a-b
    yes
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    There are a bunch when going to /sys/devices/platform/ in Internalz. Is there a specific file you are looking for? How would I get these to you so you can see them. Hopefully someone with a pixi and more knowledge of computers can get this to you.
    trying to figure out more about the chipset used for the audio on the pixi. Everything I am able to find on the webos internals wiki seems to be for the pre....
    They (webosinternals)just started getting pixi's so I imagine it will be updated soon?

Ok that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I will wait patiently for you to look at it.
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    yes
    Hey mamouton, any way to get this patch on Preware? I'm sure there are too many people that don't read all the posts in the forums and could use this patch. Just look at how many threads there are regarding volume patch requests.

BTW, big ups for putting these all together in one patch!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Ok that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I will wait patiently for you to look at it.
    hmmm.... there are two files: media_wireless.txt and media_a2dp.txt which are largely the same.

The files just don't seem right- they control the left channel at one point, and the right channel at a couple of others. I edited all the volume settings I could find, but could not hear any difference.

So, I am thinking that these files do not really control bluetooth volume.

That being said, the volume did seem louder than I remember (it has been many months since I tried a2dp). There is a comment in the file, "use back speaker as base for a2dp". Is it possible that the boost for the back speaker also boosted a2dp volume?

(there is also a comment in the phone_bluetooth_sco.txt file, "what the hell does this do?" lmao!!!
    hmm I wonder if it means to mirror changes to the file based on the changes you make to the back speaker.
    might just be a placebo but my headset seems louder to me. I could be wrong
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ok I am going to have to fire up my headset now. I haven't used it all day.

Patch just submitted to Preware.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ok.... for bluetooth while on a phone call- try editing phone_bluetooth_sco.txt:

setreg 0x10 0x3f to 0xff

setreg 0x1a 0x33 to 0x03

setreg 0x1f 0x5a to 0xff

and reboot when done....
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 10/17/2010 at 10:39 PM.
    making patch now! patch made luna restarting to do a full reboot. Will let you know shortly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/17/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    might just be a placebo but my headset seems louder to me. I could be wrong
    Are you using a wired headset or bluetooth? We made the patch for the wired headset to be louder and I assume it works I don't have a wired headset handy.
    ok.... for bluetooth while on a phone call- try editing phone_bluetooth_sco.txt:

setreg 0x10 0x3f to 0xff

setreg 0x1a 0x33 to 0x03

setreg 0x1f 0x5a to 0xff

and reboot when done....
    Is there a media control in there somewhere? I know you can do it, you are jctreo!! audiologist extraordinaire
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast