1.    #1  
    I recently installed the Advanced System Configuration Patch. Prior to this, the No Alert During Call patch was working. When I installed the ASC Patch, I uninstalled all alert, notification patches etc. before hand. I basically uninstalled all of my patches and then put those that weren't included in the ASC back on. I do not notice a "No alert during call" option in the ASC so I put it back on. Now it won't work. I still get alerts, both vibrations and the sound notification, when I'm talking on the phone. It worked great before I installed the ASC. Am I missing something? I've tried removing and installing a few times, each time with a complete device reboot in between and still no luck.

The "No Alert During Call" patch installs each time without any errors, so it seems to be compatible with the ASC.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have both patches installed but the no alert during call patch hasn't worked for me long before I installed the ASC Patch. In fact, the no alert during call hasn't worked for my Pre for a couple of webos updates. I sure wish it would get fixed because when I get an email and am on the phone my Blood curdling scream sound for Halloween scares the person on the other end of the phone.
    Mine hasn't worked for a while either. I can't really pinpoint when it stopped. I found this thread while searching for a solution. Appearantly there isn't one right now. However, like you, all the noises in my ear when talking to someone is driving me crazy. Someone please help!
    no alerts during call patch has not worked properly since 1.3.1 but it does turn sound down during a call but it leaves sound turned all the way down and cause you to miss calls and other alerts .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    no alerts during call patch has not worked properly since 1.3.1 but it does turn sound down during a call but it leaves sound turned all the way down and cause you to miss calls and other alerts .
    I thought my phone was possessed!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I thought my phone was possessed!
    lol me too at first !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm really glad someone pointed this out.... I was wondering what was going on with that patch! I sure hope someone gets that one working again...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm really glad someone pointed this out.... I was wondering what was going on with that patch! I sure hope someone gets that one working again...
    me too. It's bad enough when your talking to someone and you have to contend with outside noise. Who the hell wants to be notified of anything while on a call. We need this one back.... Soon....please... Somebody help us.
    plus one!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    +100 Someone needs to be a hero for us and bring this patch back! I HATE getting a notification sound during a call... so disruptive during a business call... grrrrrrrrrrr
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    +100 Someone needs to be a hero for us and bring this patch back! I HATE getting a notification sound during a call... so disruptive during a business call... grrrrrrrrrrr
    YES HELLONNNEWMAN THIS POST PUTS ME OVER 7000 so ptssst'
    lol ltm ltm lol

oh yeah back on topic , ahem.... yes bring this patch back quickly !! heh heh
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    not gonna happen. I have made several threads on this. Even offering $50 to anyone who createsit and it works. Someone tried then disappeared. I raise my anty to $100 if someone gets it going. Anyone else with me?