1.    #1  
    I know that some patches will be obsolete due to menu function implementations into webos2.0 itself. I'm curious if this would affect the installation of current patches that exist. Is it possible that the majority of the patches would need to be updated to accommodate the changes to the 2.0 interface?

Also, is the current webosquickinstall and/or preware versions compatible with webos2.0?
    Anyone who knows the answer to that is probably under NDA.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by somec1 View Post
    I know that some patches will be obsolete due to menu function implementations into webos2.0 itself. I'm curious if this would affect the installation of current patches that exist. Is it possible that the majority of the patches would need to be updated to accommodate the changes to the 2.0 interface?

Also, is the current webosquickinstall and/or preware versions compatible with webos2.0?
    Patches need to be updated for every webOS version and resubmitted to the patches portal. So yes they will need updating. Though some authors may already be using the emulator to update their patches in preparation.

I believe both of them have been confirmed to work on the webOS 2.0 emulator. I recall a tweet by rod saying that preware can be installed onto the emu via the palm install method.
    And I also recall JR tweeting that wosqi also works. So yes I should imagine they will work on webOS 2.0.

Pip