Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

this patch enables the hold tap for the browser. Stay on a link or picture in your browser and you get the context menu for this type. No orange+link anymore
    --
    10-24-2010 Update
    Works now with patches that adds new functionality to the context menu

You find the updated version in Preware
    Last edited by n1ce; 10/24/2010 at 08:59 AM.
    2nd_Street likes this.
    would we have to uninstall the "gesture tap for context menu" patch?
    Thanks a lot, please submit it in preware.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Just tried it with the gesture tap for context menu patch.
    Uninstall is not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    Just tried it with the gesture tap for context menu patch.
    Uninstall is not needed.
    NICE installing now
    Would not install. Conflicts with my other browser patched. Reverted back to the original framework version.

Other Browser Patches:
    Preware
    Add Option to Send Link Message
    Browser Scrollbar
    GestureClick Context Menu
    Multi Mod
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Shake to Reload
    Share Image Message Option

Non-Preware
    Browser Mega Mix (w BadKitty Relego SpareTime in app menu)
    Last edited by palmuse; 10/20/2010 at 07:44 AM.
    i went through my browser patches. haha, the last one was the culprit.

shake to reload --> not compatible
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Ingenious! Just installed this today (surprisingly it was compatible with Email Megamix and Email Multimod - the 2 other Email patch I currently have installed. But I had to uninstall "shake to reload" which I wasn't 100% sure of anyway - it sometimes led to unwanted reloads)...

... is the context menu itself patch-able? I would love to see 'send link to Relego' for links. I already have the patch that will put a "Send to Relego" button in the browser app menu, but it would be great to be able to "Send to Relego" using this patch and the context menu without actually needing to open the link and then the browser app menu...

I know this is kind of a double-post but I'm not sure if everyone has both the Browser and Email versions of this patch installed.
    first of all, this is a great patch and the one thing I really miss from windows mobile. Now can it be expanded to include, "share link message" like the metatap does, can it also a include "cut and paste option", maybe a "save to memo" option, some other people can chime in with their ideas. Thanks a million.
  10.    #10  
    @greenawayj

The next version of Hold Tap Context Menu for browser and email will work with patches that adds new functionality to the context menu. It calls now directly the onWebViewSingleTap function, so if you manage to get the "Send to Relego" to this function it will be available.
    Ask the author if he can make a version for the context menu.

I made the update to preware, will come in the next days.

@palmuse

I have to look why it conflicts...
    Last edited by n1ce; 10/24/2010 at 08:56 AM.
    any update on this? I'd really like to install this, but it's still conflicting
    Is this patch going to allow for a drop down menu to come up for websites that usually have a sub menu when you hover over the link? geico is an example of this. on their main page, if you hover over a link, it has a drop down menu popup. does this patch give that option or is it something else? soup
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    It worked without modifications in webOS 2.1.0. I just submitted it.
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Is there any way to add another option to the context menu choices? I'd like to add "save link target" so I can download and save the link object (file, picture, etc) to the /media/internal/downloads folder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mk3; 04/04/2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Is there any way to add another option to the context menu choices? I'd like to add "save link target" so I can download and save the link object (file, picture, etc) to the /media/internal/downloads folder.
    For some links this works (if the link is a file). I get "Download URL" in my context menu and when I select it, the file is saved in my downloads. Obviously, for this to work, the URL link has to be to a file location and not to another webpage...

For photos however, I'm not sure where they are saved. The pics just show up in my photos app in a Miscellaneous grouping.
  16. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Looking to add as an option for downloading whatever the link goes to. Like in regular browsers.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    can someone teach me how this work? do i tap on the link on the screen and hold it so the menu will pop out? it didnt work for me (i restarted luna btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    can someone teach me how this work? do i tap on the link on the screen and hold it so the menu will pop out? it didnt work for me (i restarted luna btw)
    OS version? Which patch did you install?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    this isn't showing up in my preware - is the source available anywhere so I can apply manually? Thanks a lot.
    I would love to see this patch for the Pre3. A lot of old patches work on the Pre3, you just have to add the older feeds in Preware, but sadly, this one won't install, even on a virgin Pre3.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast