Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    I loaded up preware today and saw there was an update to a patch - the Hold Tap Context Menu patch. I updated it, and then things went badly. I can't remember whether it asked me to restart luna or I just did - but afterwards the topbar was completely missing and I could get no programs to load. Even though I could scroll through launcher pages, I couldn't even get "device info" to open. I had to pull the battery to restart. After restart it was the same. Where the topbar should have been an error message sometimes would show up:

"The load of /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/jsavas (??this part was off the screen) (112) failed. Perhaps it is not installed?"

I hooked up webosqi and saw that there were TWO entries for the patch I just update:

"Hold Tap Context Menu" nightburn, n1ce v 2.2.4-25

"Hold Tap Context Menu" n1ce, pcworld 2.2.3-27

The second had two spaces after the word "context", the first has only one space.

I uninstalled them both and restarted. No love.

Ran emergency patch recovery, restarted and now I have my topbar back and I can run programs, but my patches are, of course, all gone.

So.... I wanted to post this to alert the authors about a potential conflict. I am not sure what it was about my specific configuration that led to this, but something obviously went haywire. Of course, it could be coincidence since I did update a few other patches the night before but its difficult for me to tell.

Thanks!!

-------------------------------
    Last edited by intron; 01/14/2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    I hooked up webosqi and saw that there were TWO entries for the patch I just update:

"Hold Tap Context Menu" nightburn, n1ce v 2.2.4-25

"Hold Tap Context Menu" n1ce, pcworld 2.2.3-27
    These patches are for different contexts--one is for the browser, the other for email. See the icon to tell which one is which.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123