Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I've updated this patch for the pre3. It's now in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    can someone teach me how this work? do i tap on the link on the screen and hold it so the menu will pop out? it didnt work for me (i restarted luna btw)
    I guess, you have to hold down Option button before tapping, though this "help" is not mentioned anywhere, I just tried and it works.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
    I guess, you have to hold down Option button before tapping, though this "help" is not mentioned anywhere, I just tried and it works.
    That's the standard behavior in webOS 1/2 without any patch.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    is anyone working on an update for 2.2.4? If not, can someone point me to the .patch file for an earlier version? I can give it a shot.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    is anyone working on an update for 2.2.4? If not, can someone point me to the .patch file for an earlier version? I can give it a shot.

Thanks.
    If nobody else does it, I'll do it in a few weeks. Here's where you can get the patch files: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    It looks like the 2.2.0 ipk installed through preware from the url address works as is. How can I extract the .patch file from the ipk to update the version info?

(
    prompt> file ../org.webosinternals.patches.browser-hold-tap-context-menu_2.2.0-52_all.ipk
    ../org.webosinternals.patches.browser-hold-tap-context-menu_2.2.0-52_all.ipk: Debian binary package (format 2.0)
    prompt> ar x ../org.webosinternals.patches.browser-hold-tap-context-menu_2.2.0-52_all.ipk
    ar: debian-binary/: No such file or directory
    ar: data.tar.gz/: No such file or directory
    ar: control.tar.gz/: No such file or directory
    ar: cert.pem/: No such file or directory
    ar: pubkey.pem/: No such file or directory
    ar: signature.sha1/: No such file or directory
    )
    It looks like the 2.2.0 ipk installed through preware from the url address works as is. How can I extract the .patch file from the ipk to update the version info?
    For example with 7-zip
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmm ... I must be doing something silly.

---------------
    prompt> 7za x ../org.webosinternals.patches.browser-hold-tap-context-menu_2.2.0-52_all.ipk

7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-05-30
    p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=utf8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Processing archive: ../org.webosinternals.patches.browser-hold-tap-context-menu_2.2.0-52_all.ipk

Error: Can not open file as archive

--------------
    @veerar:
    Did it for you. Got it extracted via File Roller on Ubuntu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    any way to get this to wrk on the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    @pcworld: Resubmitted. Thanks.
    @eddy0090: Hold Tap Context Menu is default behaviour for Touchpads.
    is this patch updated for pre3 2.2.4?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @pcworld: Resubmitted. Thanks.
    @eddy0090: Hold Tap Context Menu is default behaviour for Touchpads.
    not on my touchpad. How do I do it?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    @eddy0090:On the touchpad, if you tap a link in the browser and hold the tap, a context pops up in my touchpad. Can you try it also?

@The Bard: Yes, updated for 2.2.4
    Last edited by veerar; 01/01/2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added response to The Bard

Thanks.
    When you submit a patch, you must provide your email address (you can mark it not for publication). If you do not, the patch will be rejected (as your submission just has been).

This is so the correct person can be contacted when there is a problem with the submission.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @eddy0090:On the touchpad, if you tap a link in the browser and hold the tap, a context pops up in my touchpad. Can you try it also?

@The Bard: Yes, updated for 2.2.4
    my mistake, I thought this was a patch for expandable menus. The drop down type. Tp really needs it! Thnx tho.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you submit a patch, you must provide your email address (you can mark it not for publication). If you do not, the patch will be rejected (as your submission just has been).

This is so the correct person can be contacted when there is a problem with the submission.

-- Rod
    Ok, I will resubmit with my email id.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    When I update a patch that someone else created, should I change author name and e-mail to mine? Haven't fully understood this system yet.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    just installed the latest preware-version for 2.2.4 on my pre3, tap&hold doesn't work. not for links, not for pictures. am i missing something?
    :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    just installed the latest preware-version for 2.2.4 on my pre3, tap&hold doesn't work. not for links, not for pictures. am i missing something?
    :-(
    Works for me on my Pre 2 with webOS 2.2.4.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast