1.    #1  
    I was one of those dummies who forgot uninstall the Multi-Mod patch before the update and now I've been pulling my hair out trying to it back. I've searched and seen threads with people having similar problems but couldn't find a solution that worked for me.

To fix the problem (or so I thought) I ran the EPR and EFV and restored my apps/patches from Preware's Saved Package List.

Now when I go to Reinstall the Multi Mod patch I get this error.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 13602 100 13602 0 0 30026 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 39540
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I've since tried the Emergency Reconstruction Patch and the Emergency Migration Patch to no avail.

I've also tried to see if I could remove the patch from the Device Management List in WOQI but the patch doesn't show up.

Is there a way I can remove the files that are causing the error through WOQI? If so please tell me how so I can give it a shot. (Details are good, I'm dumb)

Please help me out, please don't make me go to the Doctor!
    You may have to Doctor your phone to fully get rid of Multi Mod before you can reinstall it. This is a known issue regarding patches that modify more than one package and webOS updates.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    You could also try the WebOS Repair Utility in 'forced' mode. That may resolve your issue without needing to Doctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 10/06/2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Search the forums for tips on removing multi-mod. I know it's come up before. Good chance you'll have to do a full erase though.
    Use EPR. You have remnants of the patch there. Use EPR, restart and try again.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Use EPR. You have remnants of the patch there. Use EPR, restart and try again.
    This! I forgot to uninstall Verizon aGPS patch before updating, and it wouldn't let me delete, or update patch. I ran EPR and it fixed it. I dont know why, but ALL my patches were deleted and I had to reinstall them 1 by 1. Wierd, but whatever. It worked, and I discovered new patches that I probably never would have got while trying to search for my old patches
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    This! I forgot to uninstall Verizon aGPS patch before updating, and it wouldn't let me delete, or update patch. I ran EPR and it fixed it. I dont know why, but ALL my patches were deleted and I had to reinstall them 1 by 1. Wierd, but whatever. It worked, and I discovered new patches that I probably never would have got while trying to search for my old patches
    That's what EPR is supposed to do; It uninstalls all patches on your phone.
    I also have this problem. My phone automatically updated to the newest OS, and when I tried to run WebOSQuickInstall to add/remove/update patches, and then it errored when it tried to update the multi mod patch. I have since attempted to use internalz & the device manager in webosquickinstall to remove or update the patch, but it always errors.

Hopefully EPR will remedy the problem without too much trouble! I wish I'd known my device was updating before all this happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by cmount View Post
    I also have this problem. My phone automatically updated to the newest OS, and when I tried to run WebOSQuickInstall to add/remove/update patches, and then it errored when it tried to update the multi mod patch. I have since attempted to use internalz & the device manager in webosquickinstall to remove or update the patch, but it always errors.

Hopefully EPR will remedy the problem without too much trouble! I wish I'd known my device was updating before all this happened...
    You may need to run EPR more than once. If that doesn't work, try WebOS Repair Utility next.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the responses! I guess I will try and run EPR again. I'll let you know if that works.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #12  
    Running EPR again fixed everything and got Multi Mod up and running again thanks a lot guys!
    Cool!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation