Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Installed w no errors and works great! Nice job!
    very useful patch, thanks!
    This works great!

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
  4.    #24  
    @all

Please test the new version of the patch. Its now implemented in the browser page-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $shows$ $all$ $menue$ $entries$, $so$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $need$ $to$ $modify$ $the$ $framework$. $If$ $there$ $a$ $no$ $problems$ $i$ $will$ $submit$ $it$ $to$ $preware$.
    Now its important to remove the old patch!!!

TODO:
    The next on the list is to modify the email app to get the same behavior.
    -> Email hold tap context menu ... done

Thx
    Last edited by n1ce; 10/08/2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Just tested the page-assistant.jsjsjs $version$ $of$ $the$ $patch$. $Wonderful$. $Works$ $just$ $great$.

About the TODO: When you work on the email hold tap context menu, can you also work on implementing a scrollbar for the email app?

Thanks!
    veerar.
    I like using the old version of this patch because it enabled hold-link-for-Open-in-new-card in the unofficial precentral app. BUT, I would like to install your browser and email patches. So what can I do to have all these patches on my phone?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Excellent work n1ce. Love this patch. Very cool, very cool.
  8.    #28  
    @gollyzilla

I have modified the first patch to work with new browser and email patch.
    This means you see all menus in browser and email, in all other apps you get the open in new card dialog.
    But i don't want to make it public. If you want this behavior PM your email and i send you the first patch modified.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    n1ce, I am not sure how the patch works, but will it be possible to open a new card in the background? So you press a link for ~1 sec and then a message pops up for ~1 sec saying that the link was indeed open in the background in a new card?

Once again, absolutely wonderful work, n1ce!
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    n1ce, I am not sure how the patch works, but will it be possible to open a new card in the background? So you press a link for ~1 sec and then a message pops up for ~1 sec saying that the link was indeed open in the background in a new card?

Once again, absolutely wonderful work, n1ce!
    if opening in background is even possible, it'd be cool to see this patch give both a back or foreground option. Depending on wat ur doing, you might want to go either way
    could a version of this be made to let you hold a link that simply opens in a new card without any menu?

in which case, I was thinking it'd be cool if you could tap and hold the url in the url bar to get the menu of options like to share or copy to clipboard.
  12. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    for a better browsing experience i made a patch where you can now open the pop-up menu when you hold your finger on this link (~ 1second). So you don't have to press orange+link to get this menu. No need anymore to take your second hand to perform this action
    Great idea! I never understood why Palm made us do that anyways.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    New version! 10-8-2010
    I was able to figure out how to implement the hold event in the browser file.
    So there is no need to modify the framework file anymore. The new patch shows all menu entries.

One Hand Click Open In New Card is obsolete!
    Please remove the old patch before using the new ones!
    Thanks. Ths is what I needed to know.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12