1.    #1  
    Ok, so when I did the last update on my phone I didn't remove my patches (my fault, I know) and I just ran EPR to remove my patches so I could reinstall SMS Tone Per Contact, which, from what I've read is the right thing to do, and it still isn't making one bit of difference. I can't install either version and it's my favorite patch! Please help!!!
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    As long as you've been updating the patches you no longer need to remove them with each update, only Themes, so you didn't do anything wrong there.

Could you post the error your getting.

Oh and you can always run this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    It'll fix things in a way similar to what the Dr. would do, but without the whole starting over thing.
    May wish to read this thread over...or the last 10 pages.... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-contact.html

<<Thread Renamed/Moved>>
    Clear and informative thread titles will attract the right kind of attention to threads.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    As long as you've been updating the patches you no longer need to remove them with each update, only Themes, so you didn't do anything wrong there.

Could you post the error your getting.

Oh and you can always run this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    It'll fix things in a way similar to what the Dr. would do, but without the whole starting over thing.
    I read that for that patch in particular I should have removed it first. Here's my error log:

.container { border: 2px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-bottom: 5px; }.title { text-transform: capitalize; font-weight: bold; font-size: 20px; border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); }.stdOut div { color: rgb(0, 204, 0); }.stdErr div { color: rgb(204, 0, 0); }

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    88 15836 88 14020 0 0 4562 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 8094
    100 15836 100 15836 0 0 5148 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 9127

identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2

install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html,
    which already exists! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$

remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2 from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact-v2.prerm)

delete
    Nothing Interesting.

failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my super fabulous, better than the iPhone Palm Pre...

Have fun with that.
    Take it from me....just Doctor the phone, re-install all your patches. Then, next time before you update, remove that one patch. It's next to impossible to fix it once you've updated while it's installed.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Take it from me....just Doctor the phone, re-install all your patches. Then, next time before you update, remove that one patch. It's next to impossible to fix it once you've updated while it's installed.
    Unfortunately I did DR it and it didn't work, but that was on the last update. The weird thing is there are some contacts that still have SMS tones assigned but others don't. So weird.