1.    #1  
    Okay, currently, if you hit a key and then quickly hit the key next to hit, the phone assumes you hit it by accident and only registers the first. Go try hitting the g and h keys one after the other. I type very fast, so this becomes a huge problem for me. I dunno how possible it'd be to get rid of, but it would be a very nice patch for me.
    I agree it's annoying as this is one of the benefits of having a physical keyboard.
    I believes it is the kernel that provides this functionality. (Could be wrong).
    What I do know is that egaudet was/is working on an app (Keyboss) and kernel (egaudet kernel) to allow for the user to control certain aspects of the kb.
    Maybe you could look what directions those two projects are taking.

Pip
    Agreed! i would love this patch!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    This thing annoys the hell out of me too. See my post here, and details on egaudet's work to fix it:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2616089

I'm going to ask egaudet right now whether he still plans to put this configurable fix into UberKernel....

EDIT: I can't seem to post a link that works.. If you click on that and it doesn't work, shave off the first part of the url in your address bar, and it should work..
    Last I remember Egaudet had made a kernel that fixes this, and I think..he was going to add it to Uberkernel

I found out that this only occurs with any combination of T, Y, G, H, V, or B. Try typing "that" or "right". This is pretty annnoying, because i have to slow down my speed...

Then again, I think that this problem is a hardware problem.
    The link that dizzwave posted has a fix - unfortunately it's only available in a particular custom kernel at the moment. If you'd like to see this included in the Uberkernel go and request it at this thread http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-keyboard.html
    dear god I'd love a fix for this.
    I've had to add corrections to my autotext replacement file for anything with a gh in it
    nigt, frigt, ligt
    night fright light
    etc.

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    wow I never noticed it only happened when I hit keys right next to eachother. It is completely annoying. I was just thinking I was either hitting the key wrong or the phone was just missing it. Never thought it was knowing I was hitting it but just ignoring it. And it does happen on more than just the few keys mentioned above I've tested it. Would love a fix for this.
    You are right! I type fast too, I always thought that Palm just didn't have a high enough priority for the keyboard. Odd... maybe the P2 will fix it?
    I can't seem to reproduce what is being described here at least the way I am typing on the Pre. I've tried typing words out that have "gh" in them (night, fright, light), they type out just fine. (And I am not saying that this is not an issue, just wondering why I don't seem to experience it.)

Are those of you with the issue rolling your finger from G to H in one motion? That is the only way I can not get it to pick up the H right away.

I think I type pretty fast on the Pre, but maybe I'm just typing a tad bit slower that the rest of you KB ninjas.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    My complaint is when typing ',' + anything
    Uber Kernel Pre v1.4.5-138 in the kernels-testing feed contains support for the Fat Finger Filter control. Keyboss v0.2.9 in the regular testing feed contains a toggle for the Fat Finger Filter. Please test and report, hopefully KeyBoss can graduate out of alpha soon

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Ok, I got the new UberKernel and KeyBoss from the testing feeds, and....
    It works!!! So awesome...
    Thank you~~
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'll be testing this out on my Pre very soon! Is there a specific Pixi kernel I can test as well? I can't check Preware right now. IIRC, Keyboss was or is Pre only, yes? My girl would love a fix for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    I'll be testing this out on my Pre very soon! Is there a specific Pixi kernel I can test as well? I can't check Preware right now. IIRC, Keyboss was or is Pre only, yes? My girl would love a fix for this!
    KeyBoss should work fine on both Pre and Pixi. There is also a pixi testing uber kernel with this Fat Finger Filter ability.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Just curious - if I use Keyboss to disable the FFF, then disable Keyboss, will it still drain the battery?