Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    My USC command line patch is in limbo. It supposedly isn't installed, so I cannot remove it, but it also cannot be updated.

When I try to update I get an error, when I try to rremove it I get an error.

I ran the webOS repair utility for some other minor issues, but after running this I still couldn't get my command line patch to update.

Can anyone give me a step by step to removing it and/or updating it manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    My USC command line patch is in limbo. It supposedly isn't installed, so I cannot remove it, but it also cannot be updated.

When I try to update I get an error, when I try to rremove it I get an error.

I ran the webOS repair utility for some other minor issues, but after running this I still couldn't get my command line patch to update.

Can anyone give me a step by step to removing it and/or updating it manually?
    All from Preware.
    1)Update saved package list.

2)Go to list of everything, start typing Emergency Patch Recovery.

3)Run EPR

4) Restart when it tells you to.

5)Go back to saved package list, hit install all

6)Restart when it tells you to
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the EPR as I didn't want to remove everything.

I suppose it's most simple option though.
    I'm having problems too since the last WebOS update with my Pre

I cannot update or delete 'named pages in the launcher'

I have tried doing it directly and via my PC and WebOS Quick Install. But it keeps coming up:

Error
    unable to run command ipkg_offline_root=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/urs/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1

Then it tells me
    Unreversed patch detected!Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

And then it goes on like that ignoring
    3 more hunks
    8 hunks
    1 hunk
    1 hunk
    3 hunks

I would like to get it sorted because I don't like the idea of something buggy on my Pre and also WebOS does not let me apply some tweaks I want to because it keeps wanting to update the patch first which it can't.

Can anyone help or do I need to do a wipe?
    did you install just the namedpages patch or one of the multi-patches?

my suggestion s to remove any patch that touches the launcher or quicklaunch bar.

then run EPR.
    I installed one multi-patch but removed it before updating.

I then re-installed it.

I will try removing all my patches (I haven't got many) and then run EPR

thanks
    Thats what epr is for, Removing patches!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

The EPR does not remove the launcher patch that I've had for awhile now (don't remember what it's called). I've done EPR, Full Erase, WebOS Doctor but I still have 4 launcher pages instead of the original 3.

When I go into Preware it says that there are no patches at all. What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin23 View Post
    The EPR does not remove the launcher patch that I've had for awhile now (don't remember what it's called). I've done EPR, Full Erase, WebOS Doctor but I still have 4 launcher pages instead of the original 3.

When I go into Preware it says that there are no patches at all. What do I do?
    The number of launcher pages is related to your palm profile. If you've added pages and backed up your profile, then any page you added remains. If you need to get back to three, reinstall the patch and delete the extra pages. Then backup your profile again. Then when you doctor and log back in, you'll have three launcher pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    All from Preware.
    1)Update saved package list.

2)Go to list of everything, start typing Emergency Patch Recovery.

3)Run EPR

4) Restart when it tells you to.

5)Go back to saved package list, hit install all

6)Restart when it tells you to
    Ah, thanks SO MUCH !!

I had the problem that Berath mentions with 'Named Pages in the Launcher' after the last OS update. This fixed it.

-- stan
    Last edited by Stanley Krute; 10/23/2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: logical error