1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Pre and I installed the mobile hotspot patch/app that I read in a thread. It seems to work fine but I whenever I connect to it via my laptop or other device, I can't access the Internet. The app recognizes that a computer has been connected to it but that is pretty much it. Any suggestions. I have sifted through several posts but I have not found what I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Make sure your phone still has an Ev connection indicated when you are connected to MHS. My phone occasionally loses its internet connection for no apparent reason when I connect to MHS and I have to try again.
    try turning off bluetooth, too
  4.    #4  
    I never use bluetooth so it's always off. I have noticed that the EV icon on top is not bright; it goes bright and then grays out. It does that throughout out the day.
    gray when not passing data
  6.    #6  
    So is there anything I can do or am I destined for not hotspotting?
  7.    #7  
    I have noticed that when I am using an app that uses data, the icon does light up and it stays on until I am done with the app. So, is there a way to force data connectivity?
    If it's anything like my AT&T plus, after I connected my laptop it dropped 3G. I just had to wait a few minutes and 3G comes back. It seems to drop out for about 2-3 minutes ever since I got 1.4.5
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    If it's anything like my AT&T plus, after I connected my laptop it dropped 3G. I just had to wait a few minutes and 3G comes back. It seems to drop out for about 2-3 minutes ever since I got 1.4.5
    Yes,I'm experiencing the same thing. When I start Sprint HotSpot tether, the EV (3G)symbol drops off completely for about 30 seconds,then comes back on. A minute or so later my Vista laptop goes from "Local" access to "Local and Internet."
    My problem is similar. It connects to EV then drops to 1x and then nothing. Waiting, toggling MHS, and waiting some more and then connects to EV.
    Is Sprint doing something? EV up noe for greater than 15".
    The problem of tethering my Sprint Pre wirelessly to my laptop is back. When I tether,everything seems to be working properly,but I'm only getting "local" and not "Local and Internet" access on my Vista machine. No data is being transfered,as indicated by the grayed-out EV symbol. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Looking for some help getting MHS working again. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have sprint and i have to open up the free tether app and enable ip forwarding when mine does not work and that seems to do the trick.
    I also use mhs you need to install free tether and turn it on first then turn on mhs then it will work just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by saviressej View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre and I installed the mobile hotspot patch/app that I read in a thread. It seems to work fine but I whenever I connect to it via my laptop or other device, I can't access the Internet. The app recognizes that a computer has been connected to it but that is pretty much it. Any suggestions. I have sifted through several posts but I have not found what I am looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    I thought free teather was just an install. How do you turn it on?
    you enable ip forwarding sorry it's like 7am where I'm at and I'm half asleep lol so you install then open free tether then enable ip forwarding and leave app open then open mhs and use as usual then it will work need anymore help let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I thought free teather was just an install. How do you turn it on?
    Free tether is an app which you can install via Preware, you probably remember installing freetetherd which is just the backend service.
    I have looked for Free Tether in Preware.

If it was ever there, it doesn't seem to be anymore.

Where can you find it?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    google it that's what I had to do or go directly to precentral and search there I don't think it's in preware