1.    #1  
    Ok here's the scenario... In my work truck I have a decent CD stereo, but no aux/usb inputs. I have to have a FM transmitter plugged into the top of my phone to listen to my .mp3's. So what I would like is that if my phone rings, is it possible for the .mp3 to pause(using Music Player (Remix)), the sound still come through the truck speakers, and still talk through the mic on the phone, sorta like a suped up speakerphone? It's a pain getting a phone call, with 2 cords(1 transmitter and my car charger) and fumbling around getting the transmitter off ( I drive a 2001 Freightliner 5 ton) stick shift, so it'd be nice just to be able to not worry about those cords, and take the call on speakerphone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    that's how it should already work. Did you try it?
    it used to work this way but broke when palm "fixed" it around 1.3

complain to them
    it works for me.
  5.    #5  
    i'll have to try it again, had a call come in and i thought that's the way it would work but my girlfriend couldn't hear me so I had to unplug and talk the old fashioned way. Could be because my truck is super loud and maybe that's why she didn't hear me.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    if your 3.5mm plug is divided in 4 sections, it doesnt work because it thinks, there is a mic, if you have 3 sections it should work
  7.    #7  
    no just a standard end, I've never tried it outside of my work truck, and it IS pretty noisy, so that's probably what the problem was, too much background noise. I just thought it didn't work.
    I have same problem. When phone is plugged into car stereo via the aux port. When call comes in I can hear it in car speakers but the person on the line can't hear me.
    Often, I find the reason the caller can't hear me is that my stereo speakers are turned up too loud -- there's feedback on their end, as they can hear their voice through the speakers.

I've found that, by fading the sound to the back of the vehicle quickly with the stereo functions when a call comes in, they don't get as much feedback on their end.

Try turning the volume down when you receive a call. Find a nice middle ground, in which you can hear the call, and the caller can hear you over the feedback.

Hope this helps!
    Works for me
  11.    #11  
    Still doesn't work, and I'm just using a straight 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord into my aux input. Others are having the same problem, but some no problem so I dunno what to do about it now.
    how about a bluetooth ear piece for driving?
  13.    #13  
    always an option of course, but not really what I'm looking for, besides, I'm not ready to join the cast of Star Trek with my BT
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    it doesnt work in my scion. no matter what cable i have. what if i uave my regular skullcandy budz plugged in...i have to unplug em before i can talk

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I'm having the same problem with my cassette mp3 jack and Aux cord. However, I can talk to the person with my Philips HE591 Earbuds.