1.    #1  
    Patch Request:
    Gesture area button/touch sensitive button to turn on screen when pressed when slider closed.

Works like:
    iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad button when devices is off.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    How much would you donate towards the developer for that. (Just Kidding) That would be nice, however, I believe the mute/ringer switch is doing a good job already. :-D
    I have an iPad and I think it is cool how it does that, but it really isn't that necessary.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    There are at least 2 dozen threads about this all ending with the answer that it can't be done because there is no access in the SDK for the center button.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    How much would you donate towards the developer for that. (Just Kidding) That would be nice, however, I believe the mute/ringer switch is doing a good job already. :-D
    Not to sound like a smart *** but W T F are you talking about?

Did you mean the button on the top right? Well that does not do what hes requesting, That button just wakes the screen enough to show the slide to unlock button. Im pretty sure he wants it to unlock the phone w/o the slide to unlock button.

The only way to bypass the slide to unlock screen is to use the slider at this time, we dont yet have access to the center button/touch area.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

6.    #6  
    I am tired of leeches coming into my threads and saying stupid stuff like "its not necessary". When no patch is necessary, they are all "wants", "fulfilled requests".

I think its dumb that palm didn't do this to begin with when almost all smart phones with a lower area button on the front does this. But since they didn't I would like to see it done. If anyone knows where gesture processes and power button processes are located I am sure I could figure it out myself. But then I wouldn't be able to package it into a patch as I have yet to five into the packaging makeup of .ipkg and .patch files.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not to sound like a smart *** but W T F are you talking about?

Did you mean the button on the top right? Well that does not do what hes requesting, That button just wakes the screen enough to show the slide to unlock button. Im pretty sure he wants it to unlock the phone w/o the slide to unlock button.

The only way to bypass the slide to unlock screen is to use the slider at this time, we dont yet have access to the center button/touch area.
    Not being rude... The OP asked about making the center button to turn the screen on.. Right? The thing on top right of the phone(as you call it) turn the screen on. Wake up ~ Turn on, same difference. So W T F are you saying?
  8.    #8  
    Instead of filling up this thread with fighting why not give advice and keep everything else out of the thread. No wonder developers are few and far in between.

2sslow, I was referencing the center putton acting like the power button in reference to just turning the screen on.

If anyone knows where to find reference to the center button and within what file I can just figure it myself so the thread can die.

No fight here demetry14, it's all fun on this forum. I hope someone with knowledge on how to find reference to the center button would chime in.

Best of luck.

Ps. I'm the Tazmorator...^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post

If anyone knows where to find reference to the center button and within what file I can just figure it myself so the thread can die.
    Like I said before: There is no way to access the center button to program an action to it
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Not being rude... The OP asked about making the center button to turn the screen on.. Right? The thing on top right of the phone(as you call it) turn the screen on. Wake up ~ Turn on, same difference. So W T F are you saying?
    Demetry asked about the center button and you proceed to post that the ringer switch? is good enough. Thats W T F

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Instead of filling up this thread with fighting why not give advice and keep everything else out of the thread. No wonder developers are few and far in between.

2sslow, I was referencing the center putton acting like the power button in reference to just turning the screen on.

Yeah Demetry I knew what you were referring to, just trying to get your back.
    It really gets on my nerves when people post their opinion on why your ideas are not as good as theirs. Instead of just saying It can not be done yet.

Its getting way too doom and gloom around here lately, Im really thinking about taking a break, Way too many trolls around here lately.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Demetry asked about the center button and you proceed to post that the ringer switch? is good enough. Thats W T F

Yeah Demetry I knew what you were referring to, just trying to get your back.
    It really gets on my nerves when people post their opinion on why your ideas are not as good as theirs. Instead of just saying It can not be done yet.

Its getting way too doom and gloom around here lately, Im really thinking about taking a break, Way too many trolls around here lately.
    I know what you mean.