1.    #1  
    Every application is telling me I have NO patches installed when, clearly, I do. I checked preware, device manager, ran EPR, webos doctor, hopeless. Help?
    well if you ran epr you removed all patches and if you ran the Dr you reset your device back to factor spec, hence no patches.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Problem is, after all that all the patches are still there. All the top menu add ons, app launcher, etc.
    Load Preware and run the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf Jesus View Post
    Problem is, after all that all the patches are still there. All the top menu add ons, app launcher, etc.
    All patches are still there after running EPR and Webos doctor.. Interesting. You have one of those super phone. Heh?

What you should have done is run Emergency Reconstruction Utility, that would have reconstruct the ipkg status file in the event that it has been corrupted. That would have fix the problem.
  6.    #6  
    Looked through all the Preware options, didn't see it.
    Go to available applications, it's not in patches. Type in Emergency Recontruction Utility ~ it should show up once you start typing in some of the words.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Not to correct you again but..... Its not under Available Applications its under Available Other and you cant type anything there.
    You can only type in The main screen or list of everything!
    ERU will do nothing if he ran EPR or the DR. ERU is there if there is a glitch where PreWare loses the information about what is installed. It wont solve the Problem the OP is having.

BTW Did you have a theme installed?

And to the op if you truly ran the DR everything but the stuff on the usb drive woulld be gone.
    Try Running it Again!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 09/25/2010 at 10:27 PM.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Not to correct you again but..... Its not under Available Applications its under Available Other and you cant type anything there.
    You can only type in The main screen or list of everything!
    ERU will do nothing if he ran EPR or the DR. ERU is there if there is a glitch where PreWare loses the information about what is installed. It wont solve the Problem the OP is having.

BTW Did you have a theme installed?

And to the op if you truly ran the DR everything but the stuff on the usb drive woulld be gone.
    Try Running it Again!
    I did have a theme, kinda still do. Everything is still there from the theme aswell, just no main background. When I went to uninstall it, it says I don't have a theme and a background app is running. I'll try running the doctor again hopefully it works in round 2.
  10.    #10  
    Figured out a possible problem. The reason I'm doing all this is because my volume buttons on the side stopped working. According to the webos doctor steps I have to press and hold it. So, new question, how can I run it without putting the phone into recovery mode?
    Try rebooting the Pre and your computer, then run the Dr(do not plug in your Pre until it tells you too) Ive been able to do this a few times.

Its extremely important to reboot both the Pre and your Computer before you do this.

Follow the link below.