1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Any tips/tricks/patches that would allow me to do some or part of the following:
    -If I am currently IMing somebody (e.g. if I currently have that chat with that person open), do not vibrate or make a system-sound
    -If someone IMs me other than the person I have the IM card set to at the time, vibrate for the default time
    -If the IM card is closed but the screen is on, default vibration+system sound
    -If the screen is off, 1sec vibration & system sound
    I don't really need all of this, this would just be my ideal custom notification system. I know that I can turn off vibration in-app and use JR's SMS vibration to 1 second patch to make it vibrate if the IM card is inactive, but that doesn't allow system sounds or anything. Help would be much appreciated... I'm a compulsive chatter. Thanks a lot.
    i would have sworn all this already happens...expect for number 1. Incorporating the mute switch can help you achieve some of that.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    Mine always vibrates to tell me the person I'm currently chatting with has replied... =p is there any kind of advanced SMS/IM config in the works like the one for the launcher? because that would be great
    Oh i see what you're saying now. No one really made an effect to patch IM's yet. Sad, but not a lot of people are interesting in chatting on aim or google talk....I guess except you and I....sad...because i live on aim!

5.    #5  
    yep, I live on gmail... Sadness.
    keep bumping this topic xD
  6.    #6  
    I just find it hard to believe that nobodys interested in fixing such a flawed IM client. If I could only activate the system sound when the phone was closed, that would be a huge step in the right direction.. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.
    maybe I'll read up on patch writing...
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that nobodys interested in fixing such a flawed IM client. If I could only activate the system sound when the phone was closed, that would be a huge step in the right direction.. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.
    Not a lot of people are interested in instant messaging anymore. Thanks to 'unlimited texting plans"

8.    #8  
    well, I don't know how much time it would take to write but if it's easy I'd like to request a little patch that uses system sound + 1second vibrate for a text/IM when the display is off, and the default quick vibrate/no sound when it is on.
    i'll bet other people would use this as well. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I use Mode Switcher to accomplish most of what you've requested, particularly setting incoming SMS/IM to vibrate only if the Messaging app is already open.

Read the MS wiki and manual and you should have a good understanding of how to go about doing this.
  10.    #10  
    you sir have just blown my mind.
    I allways have the ringer off, and with mode swicher, ringer switch is now my flashlight.

I don't have an extended vibrate patch anymore, cause it overrides my silent modes, which are mod modes;

one trigger: screen on + no charger = no messaging alert

triggers: screen locked or screen off = sys sound (which includes vibrate) for messaging alert on

and the repeat notification is fine to replace the extended notification. It adds options in messaging preferences, where I have mine to repeat notification every 5 seconds, up to 100 times. So because of mode switcher, it's disabled when the screen is on