Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Hello,

Is there anyway to patch Pandora to remove the skip limit of 6 songs per hour? Thx!
    Thats a pandora database limit; has nothing to do with anything on webos as its tied to your pandora account.

The same thing would be happening if you were listening on your PC. Would you patch windows??? :lol
    That is a limit put on by Pandora per their agreement you agreed to. Also I beleive if you upgrade to a paid account you can remove that limit. Patching would just cause problems for everyone not trying to abuse the system with free Pandora access.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    that is actually a legal issue tied to how radio stations are regulated.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    OK thx!
    let me rephrase that. It isn't a 'regulation' it's how licensing works. The same is true for Rhapsody radio channels, etc.

radio stations/channels pay lower royalties than 'on-demand' services. So I'd you can just skip ahead until you find a specific song, it is considered an on-demand service.

and i'm sure the fcc is in there somewhere, too.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Cool thx for the info. I'll give the paid version a shot. I didn't realize there was a pay for version.
    Here is a reason for skips from their website:

There are two types of skip limits:

•All Pandora listeners are limited to 6 skips per hour, per station.

•Free, ad-supported Pandora accounts are limited to 12 total skips per day, across all stations.

To conserve skips, you may give a song "Thumbs Down" or "I'm tired of this song" feedback after it has finished playing. You only use up a skip if you use these features on a song that is still playing.

NOTE: The hourly limit is based on a rolling sixty-minute interval for each skip. So if you give four skips at 12noon, then you give another two skips at 12:30pm, you'll have another four skips available at 1pm-- one hour from the four you gave-- then if you still haven't given any other skips in the meantime, you'll have all six skips available again at 1:30pm.

You can upgrade to Pandora One to remove the daily skip limit, since subscribing covers the music royalty costs associated with additional skips. Although the hourly six-skip-per-station limit remains in place with Pandora One, you can always switch to another station to receive more skips throughout the day.

NOTE: The 12-skip daily limit resets all at once overnight, and is not based on a 24-hour interval.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    was curious about this subject

for jailbroken iOS products, there is a tweak in cydia called pandora skips that does indeed allow for significantly more skips...

in my experience it will eventually hang if you continually hit skip without letting any of the song play, but for all intensive purposes it allows unlimited skips.

no idea how it works, but it definitely allows for more than pandora sanctions