Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi,

first let me say thenks to all the developers who make patches. The patches make the pre worth keeping and make webos customizable to what I like. I currently have 60+ patches installed

so I got this idea, what if there was a way to make a patch/app that could work as a notification based on your GPS location and you could set a reminder based on that place.

I got this idea using mode switcher trigger by GPS Location. What if you could save GPS locations: home, work, church, moms house etc. And be able to set up the app to next time I'm at church remember to drop off this or that, or next time I'm at moms house remind me to now the grass for her.

if there is already something out there that can do this, please let me know. If not, would someone make a patch for it?

thanks
    Fej180
    Also Mode Switcher and Space Alarm.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    thanks, I bought geostrings pro. How would you do this with mode switcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    thanks, I bought geostrings pro. How would you do this with mode switcher?
    use mode switcher to open the app when you enter the area that you desire the reminder from -- not as customizable as geostrings (awsome app ) but free
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Along those lines I'd love a patch/app that would notify me when near address of (certain) people in my contacts. Had an app on my WinMo phone that did this. Kinda fun.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Along those lines I'd love a patch/app that would notify me when near address of (certain) people in my contacts. Had an app on my WinMo phone that did this. Kinda fun.
    GeoStrings allows you to assign contacts as locations in geostring tasks.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami