1.    #1  
    I currently have the brightness in device menu patch, which is great. However, there are many times where I wish the screen was always on.

Ideally, I would like it if there was an on/off toggle switch to the right of the Brightness in device menu.

Any ideas?
    Get mode switcher. Among a zillion other things, it will allow you to set up a custom profile with screen always on that you can access by a upper L corner drop down menu.
  3.    #3  
    Ive looked at mode switcher, but its just way more than i would need/use. If its the only option for keeping the screen on, then i guess i have no choice. Would just like a more simple solution
    or just use nodoze from preware apps
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    I currently have the brightness in device menu patch, which is great. However, there are many times where I wish the screen was always on.

Ideally, I would like it if there was an on/off toggle switch to the right of the Brightness in device menu.

Any ideas?
    +1

That would be an awesome add on for the advanced device menu patches out there. And save the need of having to install a whole separate patch.

You could also install the standby times deluxe patch. There is an option to set the idle time to 24hrs. The one before that is 1hr. So you can just set the idle time back to where you want it after you are done having your screen on for however long you needed it to be on.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/18/2010 at 05:08 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I have tried MS and Nodoze and still cant seem to get my screen to stay on all the time. This is especially annoying when I am using my GPS app while driving and the screen turns off.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)