Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I use my Pre as my alarm clock in the morning. I tend to use the snooze button at least once or twice before I actually get up but it's such a pain in the *** to actually have to focus my eyes and brain enough to unlock the phone and decipher which one is the "snooze" button and which is the "dismiss" button when I'm barely conscious

One thing that I've noticed is that if you hit the volume rocker when the alarm goes off, it will shut the sound off, but it still leaves the options for snooze and dissmiss inside and still needs to be unlocked and button pushed for a choice to be made.

would it be possible for a patch to be created to have the alarm actually "snooze" when the volume rocker is pressed and also have the alarm be "dismissed" when the power button is pushed?

This would make my mornings so much easier when I'm blindly reaching for my phone
    +1
    +1 I like this idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    I use my Pre as my alarm clock in the morning. I tend to use the snooze button at least once or twice before I actually get up but it's such a pain in the *** to actually have to focus my eyes and brain enough to unlock the phone and decipher which one is the "snooze" button and which is the "dismiss" button when I'm barely conscious

One thing that I've noticed is that if you hit the volume rocker when the alarm goes off, it will shut the sound off, but it still leaves the options for snooze and dissmiss inside and still needs to be unlocked and button pushed for a choice to be made.

would it be possible for a patch to be created to have the alarm actually "snooze" when the volume rocker is pressed and also have the alarm be "dismissed" when the power button is pushed?

This would make my mornings so much easier when I'm blindly reaching for my phone
    Have you tried the more space between snoooze and dissmiss buttons patch?

Also the center button at the bottom of ur pre will snooze the alarm.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post

I actually am not that worried about the more space patch (although that does make sense) because I ideally don't want to have to go into the phone to snooze or dismiss......

but if the bottom button does work then that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!!
    I'm using this, but like OP said, I'd rather be able to blindly press snooze.

I have a Pre Plus - no center button
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I'm using this, but like OP said, I'd rather be able to blindly press snooze.

I have a Pre Plus - no center button
    Does touching the gesture area snooze the alarm?
    More interesting is the fact, that when you silence a alarm with the volume rocker, other alarms that are scheduled later DON'T play...
    +1

anyone?
    +1
    Exactly what I was needing.
    +1 me tooo
    Definitely need to be able to snooze/dismiss properly without unlocking my phone
    Definitely need to be able to snooze/dismiss properly without unlocking my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    More interesting is the fact, that when you silence a alarm with the volume rocker, other alarms that are scheduled later DON'T play...
    Yeah, if I was still single I'd have lost my job by now over this ridiculousness... Glad to have a wife that gets up same time as me!
    +1, this is definitely a feature that Palm didn't get right. Has anyone tried some of the other alarm programs (tealtime, etc) to see if they do a better job?

I have a couple, but haven't really explored them. Maybe they understand the need to snooze without unlocking, and the need to not shut all your alarms off if you bump the volume button.

I also know there is an alarm button that makes you answer questions before it shuts off, just to make sure you are awake. that sounds like torture to me.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    +1 for making the volume buttons work properly to snooze the alarm. I want to be able to snooze with my eyes closed and half asleep and just squeezing the outside of the phone until it shuts up is really the goal.

As it stands the volume buttons have an inconsistent and frustrating affect on things.

Just got a Palm Pre Plus with latest OS and i've been pulling hair out trying to figure out what's up with the volume buttons and snooze... i've been experimenting with marginal success, so far it seems like if you use the volume buttons it snoozes, but for like 20 minutes... or never... but i've got it to work after 5 minutes... seems to respond differently if it's on ring mode or switched to silent as well... ANNOYING... patch please!
    same request here
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I actually tried this and it did not seem to work at first but then I figured out that if you push it twice it will work. once to unlock the screen and the second time to actually snooze.