1.    #1  
    This is a simple patch that disables the compressed view in the calendar for those who dislike it. It is compatible with 1.4.1.1 and up and it is compatible with UberCalendar. Enjoy at your own risk as usual. I will submit to Preware as soon as the webos portal is up again.

UPDATE 11/21/2010
    New file attached for WebOS 2.0.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CraiaSoftware; 11/21/2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: update for webos 2.0.1
    My calendar schedule today really cried out for an uncompressed view. I was glad to find your patch, and since I just started using UberCalendar last week, was especially glad to see they're compatible.

Thanks!

Tom
    in ubercalendar there is a menu option to disable compressed view, so you don't need a patch for this
    People definitely have different needs and desires. Personally I hate the open space and scrolling.

The best option is neither having the compression on nor off, but offer people to choose their cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    in ubercalendar there is a menu option to disable compressed view, so you don't need a patch for this
    I could have sworn there was, too, but I couldn't seem to get it to work, so I thought I was misunderstanding it's purpose. Will have to investigate more.

We are talking about the "Compressed View" option in the Day View menu, right? 'Cuz it wasn't working this AM.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    I could have sworn there was, too, but I couldn't seem to get it to work, so I thought I was misunderstanding it's purpose. Will have to investigate more.

We are talking about the "Compressed View" option in the Day View menu, right? 'Cuz it wasn't working this AM.

Regards,
    Tom
    yes if you uncheck it, then go out of day view, then back in it will not be compressed.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm sorry... what is compressed view?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    In the Day view of the Pre calendar, if you have several hours of free time between a couple of events, that free time space will collapse down (compress), accordian-style, to allow you to see more of your events.

@vbockius: Yes, I thought I had this functionality working before (uncompressed view), but started to question my memory this morning because it wasn't working. I just uninstalled this patch to test again, and can confirm that UNchecking "Compressed View" in UC does NOT uncompress. (Is that enough negatives?) I know Metaview recently added functionality to allow compressing time at the beginning and end of the day. Perhaps that broke the function? I'll head over to that thread to check....

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    In day view of the calendar app, if you have nothing scheduled that day it will "scrunch" the day up so you can see the whole day without scrolling, if you have something there it will "scrunch" or compress the time before and after it, so if your event is at the end of the day you will see it instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom of the day to see it
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    @vbockius: Yes, I thought I had this functionality working before (uncompressed view), but started to question my memory this morning because it wasn't working. I just uninstalled this patch to test again, and can confirm that UNchecking "Compressed View" in UC does NOT uncompress. (Is that enough negatives?) I know Metaview recently added functionality to allow compressing time at the beginning and end of the day. Perhaps that broke the function? I'll head over to that thread to check....

Regards,
    Tom
    I just confirmed it's working on my sprint pre.....
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Got it, thanks.
    I just confirmed it's working on my sprint pre.....
    Hmmm, the plot thickens. frantid, in the UC thread, just confirmed that the "Compressed View" option does not affect the default compression between events; it just allows you to add compression at the beginning and end of day. What version of UC are you running? I'm on -66, the latest from Preware, but I think the version in Post #1 of UC thread is newer.

Regards,
    Tom
    i'm on 66 also, what is or isn't compressing for you? between events or beginning and end?
    with compression on (check mark next to it) both before and after, and inbetween events compress
    With it disabled inbetween still compresses but before, after and days with nothing scheduled do not compress....
    With it disabled inbetween still compresses....
    Right, hence the need for this patch after all, it seems....

...and we're back.

Regards,
    Tom
    I almost never have more than 1 event per day, so i was unaware till testing this out for you that compressing between events was a default feature of webos.....sorry
    I almost never have more than 1 event per day, so i was unaware till testing this out for you that compressing between events was a default feature of webos.....sorry
    Hey, no problem! I'd still be trying to sort out my false memory if not for your feedback. Too bad the final answer is that I WAS imagining things....

Regards,
    Tom
    I guess I must be blind, but I just can't find the "compressed" option in the menu (I have the latest version of Ubercalendar from this thread installed...