Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Does having patches installed slow the phone down? I have quite a few installed and I was noticing my phone was getting slow and the response to my finger was getting worse. I doctored and reinstalled my patches, but I am curious if any of the patches will actually use memory and slow down the phone. Thanks

Fej180
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Does having patches installed slow the phone down? I have quite a few installed and I was noticing my phone was getting slow and the response to my finger was getting worse. I doctored and reinstalled my patches, but I am curious if any of the patches will actually use memory and slow down the phone. Thanks

Fej180
    I don't knw of any patches that will slow the phone down.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation

Fej180
    The Advance Configuration App for Launcher slows my Pre down...but that was the old version. I don't think there are issues with the latests version (featured on the P|C front page)
    It depends on the nature of the patch. Patches that strictly modify stuff that's already there mostly don't put any extra strain on your hardware Patches that add extra functionality can add some battery/CPU strain as more things (including visuals) need to be calculated.

There's no one answer for patches as a whole, though there may be one for every patch.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    <<Thread Moved>>
    When threads get moved, I'd like a link to take me to the new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    The Advance Configuration App for Launcher slows my Pre down...but that was the old version. I don't think there are issues with the latests version (featured on the P|C front page)
    No sluggish experiences here. All runs great.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR

Fej180
    You need to appreciate that a patch replaces a section of javascript or HTML with another, and so it depends very much what the replacement does. If the patch makes a simple change it is unlikely to slow things down, however if the inserted code takes longer to execute then it will.
    i have many patches for quite a while and i haven't seen any slowing down of my phone.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses. I did a doctor, prior to writing this thread and I think I found that maybe it was the logging that was slowing my phone down primarily. I disabled the logging through preware and also through the phone app and that made such a huge difference I couldn't believe it. If you haven't done this yet I highly recommend it.