1.    #1  
    Can't seem to find a clear answer on this...hopefully someone can point me to it or help me out. I really want to remove the "named pages in the launcher" patch. Can't remove it with preware or webosQI. How can I get it off since it doesn't work anymore and isn't being maintained?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm wondering, too. Anyone have any help? TIA!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    You could run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool found in Preware.
    There is a thread for it somewhere, don't have the link at this second. Search for EPR or the full name and you'll find it.

Beware: It removes all your patches. Then you can reinstall all your patches over and just skip the ones that are causing problems.

Otherwise, options include running the webOS Doctor to refresh your device from scratch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    ^^^Yes! and the most painless way to do it is to: Open Saved Packages List (In the Preware App menu) > Tap Update Packages > Run Emergency Patch Recovery(EPR) it can be found under Available other > After reboot > load Preware and open the Saved Packages List > Tap Install. All your patches will be reinstalled.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Is it possible to fix just one file? I have problem with this file HIPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to fix just one file? I have problem with this file HIPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Sure. Use the WebOS Repair Utility. The nitty gritty are covered in it's own forum thread, but you can use that to replace that problem file (page-controls.jsjsjs) $with$ $the$ $good$ $one$ $from$ $the$ $webOS$ $Doctor$ $image$.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sure. Use the WebOS Repair Utility. The nitty gritty are covered in it's own forum thread, but you can use that to replace that problem file (page-controls.jsjsjs) $with$ $the$ $good$ $one$ $from$ $the$ $webOS$ $Doctor$ $image$.

Thanks for answering, I have few questions: This is really stupid:
    Whats my file name?
    Is it: page-controls.jsjsjs $or$ $is$ $it$
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$

Or is it something else?

I tried both the versions and it doesnt work, sorry for thsi really stupid question.
    did it, the file was :
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs
    SO replaced the file, but didnot help, now the new error is : Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

Unable to update or uninstall it from preware. Anyideas? Help really appreciated?
    Makes me wonder if this is 1.4.5 compatible patch
    Damn man! how many threads are you going to start on this?

Youve been told how to fix it but you dont like the answers youve been given. Take the advice or quit asking.

Run EPR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

11.    #11  
    Ended up running EPR just after I posted this thread but thanks for all the feedback. EPR worked great.