1.    #1  
    I am trying to remove a patch, however after 1.4.5 I am unable to remove it, it gives me an error:

IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-list-button.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks failed- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs.$rej$

The patch in question is Jason's bookmarks button in browser.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2661302

I have tried running emergency file verification and Emergency reconstruction utility, both patches got installed and removed without any problems.

I didnot want to run Emergency patch recovery as it would delete all my 50 patches.

Please please please help a fellow here.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    You can still run EPR, just update your Saved Package list > run EPR > Open Saved Package list again and tap Install.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    What happens to all the patches that need luna restart? Do they install ok together?
    They'll be re-install. You can always do a luna restart if you want. :smile
  5.    #5  
    Anyone knows from the error log whats wrong?
  6.    #6  
    Was able to use webos repair utility to fix that one file, the darn file was
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-controls.jsjsjs
  7.    #7  
    SO replaced the file, but didnot help, now the new error is : Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

Unable to update or uninstall it from preware. Anyideas? Help really appreciated?
    Makes me wonder if this is 1.4.5 compatible patch
    Run webos repair utility in "override compatibility" mode = clean install (and, therefore, removal of all patches).
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Run webos repair utility in "override compatibility" mode = clean install (and, therefore, removal of all patches).
    Dont want to remove everything, just one patch
    then enjoy posting (in multiple threads).
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Dont want to remove everything, just one patch
    If a patch got screwed up when you updated, you will need to wipe all patches to fix it. EPR or webOS Doctor are your options.

(You could possibly try to replace the modified files with stock ones, but I'm not sure how that would work... EPR is your best bet.)
    I can replace all 65 patches i have in 15 mins. Whats the big deal? Run EPR and Be Happy!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    argh, where is EPR ?
    preware> type emergency and hit enter and it will show up there. install >reboot>alls well

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I can replace all 65 patches i have in 15 mins. Whats the big deal? Run EPR and Be Happy!
    Thanks 2sslow

Seriously took so much time to fix one file, used EPR, took only 20 mins max to uninstall and install all patches w one click. All those EPR people were right.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Thanks 2sslow

Seriously took so much time to fix one file, used EPR, took only 20 mins max to uninstall and install all patches w one click. All those EPR people were right.
    NP! Glad I could help

Follow the link below.

Another happy ending

Thanks webos-internals, and the community.

2sslow comes through again

I'm going to start calling you 2ffast, because you are so quick to help out and lend a palm
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Another patch could have interfered with the install of the patch you had in question. In particular, a web browser patch, or any other web related patches.
    Such was the case when I had attempted to install the 'advanced onfiguration in launcher" patch, by sconix. 2 out of 2 hunks failed, the culprits were two launcher patches. It saved me from running an EPR.
    In the future, if you run into hunk failures, try checking if any other patches that are of the same category conflict with whatever it is that you are installing.

In my case with the advanced configuration launcher patch, I noticed after the ipk error log '2 out of 2 hunks failed error' I checked my installed patches and found the "two" launcher patches that conflicted with the patch I wanted installed. I also took the advice of the developer who recommended, and insisted on removal of launcher patches prior to installing.

Something to keep in mind for the future
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    I guess it should be said here: I had a similar problem as the original poster, so I read this thread and wanted to run EPR. It says to uninstall themes first, but it doesn't say that installing the program will also RUN the program, so I didn't get a chance to uninstall anything.

I'm used to downloading programs AND THEN running them, not downloading and running them at the same time. As I look back over the description I guess it says that (knowing what I know now), but it's not by any means clear.

Just look out for that when you use EPR: it will install and run in one fell swoop!