Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I created a new patch: Toggle 3G, Toggle Data, Toggle GPS and Adjust Brightness in the device menu. The best: this patch runs on every devices (Toggle 3G needs a GSM device) regardless of current device language. It's already submitted to the Preware feed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MetaView; 01/24/2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Update
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    I tried the new patch. On a German Palm Pre O2 the patch didn't work. After the installation via WeboOS QuickInstall the Device Menu have no additional features. There is no error message and all looks fine in WeboOS QuickInstall.

Before I installed the new patch I uninstalled the recent Toggle 3G Patch and the Ringer Switch Icon patch. But this didn't help.
  3.    #3  
    "German Palm Pre O2" which is exactly my device too. I guess you have 1.4.5 too. Did your phone restart after installation? Mind you to send me your original /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs $file$?
    I installed the patch now via Preware and everything works fine. I mentioned only the Network Type is in English language instead in German language, but this is no problem only for your info. Thanks for the great patch :-)

Update: Also the Brighness Menu is only in English, but it's not problem
    Last edited by Tronic7; 09/22/2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Update
    Works great on a Palm Pixi, too; thanks!

I'm just a little disappointed that you can only switch between 2G/3G/auto but not switch off data completely. Could you pretty please add the option 'off'?
  6.    #6  
    Well, 2G and 3G are not only data options but different frequencies/systems. Data off doesn't fit that nice in it, as you can have data off or on with 2G and with 3G.
    Admittedly, yes. Can I haz different data off option?
    Working great in Spain Movistar Palm Pre. It will be great if it has data option, no airplane mode and temperature with battery. Anyway is the first patch for device menu that works in my phone (except no airplane mode & temperature with battery in device menu). Thank you very much
  9.    #9  
    No airplane mode isn't it already part of the default menu? the last entry?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    No airplane mode isn't it already part of the default menu? the last entry?
    No airplane mode is a patch that removes the option of airplane mode but it's incompatible with your patch also as temperature with battery in device menu
    I was looking for this patch in Preware but can't find it -- does that mean it's unavailable for the Pre 2?
  12.    #12  
    Made an update:

* Added Data toggle
    * Moved Battery level into date line

Will create a 2.0 compatible version soon.
    Another happy Spanish Movistar Palm Pre 1.4.5 user with your patch. After many years with a large majority of US patch only MetaView do it again. Thanks from International users. Perfect for me like UberCalendar patch, TravelGuide Pro or MappingTool. Great news about porting to webOS 2.0.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
    Hi.

Ive installed the patch and I wonder why my current network is shown with a following "+" ...

Any idea?

Frank ;-)
  15.    #15  
    + Data enabled and used
    - Data disabled or not in use
    I just used it with my Unlocked Pre 2 and it worked great.
    I have the No VPN patch and GPS Icon On Top Bar and there was no conflict at all.

I don't care for the Brigthness control at all, the Pre already does it for me, I would like another patch without it.

Thank you very much for this, no more oppening the phone app/prefrences/scrolling for changing the network type.
    German localization of this patch (tested on HP Veer)
  18.    #18  
    Hey, cool.
    Preware just shown an update for GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu - but somehow the install and remove fails - ipk error

I saw this HP Veer WebOS 2.1.2
  20.    #20  
    These patch updates came from the differentiation between 2.1.0 (Pre2) and 2.1.2 (Veer). Before they all was the same. Do you have an old version installed from preware and now you are unable to remove it? Maybe Emergency Patch Remover might help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast