Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Hey mamouton -- Sorry to bump this, but I don't think I've seen you (or anyone comment on my idea for providing a "move to folder" functionality from the message list... (Normally, I don't bump my own posts, but I'm really struggling to stay on top of filing email by project and the current process takes way too long when I know where messages have to go without actually opening the message.

Thanks for your consideration.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Mamouton -- Not sure if you are still taking ideas, but I was sitting in a lobby waiting on a client today and 'filing' my inbox items into appropriate client folders (for emails I wanted to keep, but didn't need staring me in the face...) and I was getting annoyed with the fact that I had to open every message and then tap on the folder icon to pick the destination folder.... I was thinking about a better way to do this from the message list in cases where I've already read the message?

How about left swipe of the message item in the message list to bring up the "Move to folder" scene? Right swipe would still be delete and left swipe - move to folder.

Now I realize that many ppl don't file messages like this, but I thought I'd throw this out for comment. Thus far this week, I've only been complaining about the location of the trash icon in the delete from notification banner, so I figured i'd turn my attention to the positive!!
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey mamouton -- Sorry to bump this, but I don't think I've seen you (or anyone comment on my idea for providing a "move to folder" functionality from the message list... (Normally, I don't bump my own posts, but I'm really struggling to stay on top of filing email by project and the current process takes way too long when I know where messages have to go without actually opening the message.

Thanks for your consideration.

JG
    My skills aren't as versed as many others so at the moment that functionality is beyond me.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Is there a version of the patch without the "email delete next"? I'd prefer to to back to the mail-index after deleting a mail...
    Version 6 of the patch has the email delete next function removed.
  4.    #104  
    Version 7 integrates innkeeper's Delete next email deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    Thank you for the patch but I'm having a major issue with it. I have 3 email accounts, one is yahoo, another is gmail and another for work that uses Exchange. With this patch installed, the Exchange account can receive emails but will not allow me to send emails. My emails just sit in the Outbox and go nowhere. However, my yahoo and gmail work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I have the same problem, I reply to mail but it stays in my outbox!!!!

Do you have an update of this patch???

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Version 7 integrates innkeeper's Delete next email deluxe
    Will vesion 7 go to Preware? it seems it is the "latest and greatest" ;-)
  7.    #107  
    Sure I will upload tonight.
    I download vie Preware the last version of this patch but unfortunately the problem of e-mail that stays into the outbox in an Exchange account is present even after the last version of the patch!!!

This morning after downloading the patch and install it I have restart my Pre, and respond to one e-mail and transfer a mail to another one, the one I was tranfering has been transfer but the one I respond (it was someone outside our compagny) stays into the outbox and cannot deliver!!!

I will have to uninstall this patch because sending an e-mail is essentiel!!

Is it the confirmation asking If I want to send the message the problem???

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    @ mamouton - Found the newest patch in Preware. Even has the del next prefs. Awesome. Thanks for all the work you put into this super patch!
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    For those who have the problem of Outlook not sending messages, use Internalz to install one of the Email Mega Mix patches with no Outlook formatting, then install either of the "Replies Forwards Multi Mod" patches. For soem reason, i have the same issue despite running from Exchange 2007.
  11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    On another note, my emails will not delete from notification using this patch or the separate Delete from Notification patches. It seems to have started with the installation of the ACSP patch, though I don't hear of anyone else having this trouble. I have Gmail and Exchange accounts, and neither one will actually perform the delete from notification. I get the proper behavior int he interface, but the email is still in my inbox when I go and check it. Anyone have any clues on this one?

Update: Apparently writing this post has intimidated it into working properly. Good grief.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    On another note, my emails will not delete from notification using this patch or the separate Delete from Notification patches. It seems to have started with the installation of the ACSP patch, though I don't hear of anyone else having this trouble. I have Gmail and Exchange accounts, and neither one will actually perform the delete from notification. I get the proper behavior int he interface, but the email is still in my inbox when I go and check it. Anyone have any clues on this one?

Update: Apparently writing this post has intimidated it into working properly. Good grief.
    Too funny! That is how things work sometimes. I did notice it takes a little while to register the delete.

Updated first post with a navy font version. As I am looking at the publicly available 2.xx doctor I notice some things have changed so I am working on a Megamix that is compatible with 2.xx.
    Updated first post with a navy font version.
    mamouton, thanks for making the navy update! However, it has some strange behavior. Please let me know if this is by design:

1. When replying to a message, the content of the original message is not included but the From, To, Sent, and Subject information is included. (I would like the original message content to be included also.)
    2. When forwarding a message, new content entered above the original message is deleted. In other words, info you type to introduce the message you are forwarding is deleted.

Your thoughts?
  14.    #114  
    That is weird I will look at it this week. I haven't experienced that issue at all.
    I have combined several patches into one to make an Email Megamix Patch. I combined patches from( Chris Mann, Jason Robitaille, jhoff80, jonolee, dallashigh, innkeeper & drnull)This patch combines:
    • outlook formatting with a black font
    • move popup and mark emails unread buttons
    • read & delete all
    • swipe for previous and next email
    • confirm swipe to delete
    • add priority and discard buttons
    • send, save, and discard confirmation popup
    • additional sync times and additional sync days/months
    • delete from notification Deluxe by innkeeper
    • email delete next
    • flag emails (icon still needs work currently vip icon but fully functional)

FYI to install you must remove any patches referenced in this post to get a successful install.
    ver 2 megamix without the delete from notification
    ver 3 megamix with all the features above and delete from notification
    ver 4 same as ver3 but Updated patch to include the flagging of emails from the icon.
    ver5 same as ver4 but moved the send button to far right per rlanza and greenawayj's request.
    ver6 remove outlook formattting but includes other features
    Version 7 All features mentioned above and innkeeper's latest Email delete deluxe patch

megamix without outlook formatting. I haven't tried this one yet whipped it up this morning before work so let me know if it works. This should solve the issue for those not using the exchange 2007 server.
    Hi mamouton,

long time no talk dude. we chatted about the full screen patch for the browser before!

Just a question, are you interested to write a similiar patch as delete from notification but instead for "Mark as read for the messaging application?"

this will drastically improve the SMS application so when friends replay simply txts like "OK" you can quickly mark it read without opening the messaging program and then closing it.

Chris
  16.    #116  
    @chrislo I would have to seek help on that one. With 2.xx around the corner I am slowing down on patch writing until I see what has officially been changed.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Any luck on porting these patches to 2.x.x? I'm really missing the added functionality since making the jump to 2.1.0.
  18.    #118  
    I will attempt to work on thiem this week.
    thanks - i really miss delete all and delete from notificaion -- did not realize that they were not standard OS fare they were on my pre + for soo long. the new pre 2 is fun because i am back here on the forums because stuff is not in preware yet -- really bugging my wife but she don't really like me anyway
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    That's funny!