Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    ok i sent myself an email now i have to wait for it to come in lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    umm did you get that lol ? i loaded the one in preware and did not get the delete from notifications in it .
    Too funny I am at work verifying grades. When I get home I am plugged into Precentral at work I check once in am and once in pm. I am not sure which version got uploaded I did do an update but it hasn't showed up in preware yet.
    hey just for your info i did the epr and now it works ?? go figure lol . idk what happened but it works now ha ha thanks again !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    sorry for all the fuss
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    mamouton,

Just read about the release of Advanced System Config! Not sure if you saw that yet.

Anyway, I think some of the things that Sconix put in that, your patch might interfere with 'Advance sys).

Did you have a chance to test out the combination?

Are you going to have him merge your stuff into that?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

6.    #86  
    Both patches play well togther I was beta testing for him for about 3 weeks before he went public with it. None of the files he modifies touch the files I modify.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    a couple of patches were having problems I believe in Preware I will install the version on my emulator. Have you uninstalled and tried to reinstall?
    It's working for me now.. thank you!!
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Both patches play well togther I was beta testing for him for about 3 weeks before he went public with it. None of the files he modifies touch the files I modify.
    Awesome to see this kind of collaboration!
    @mamouton Did not realize you were still kicking out new versions of this. Thanks! I am going to try v6.
    Hey Mamouton -- Not sure if you are still taking ideas, but I was sitting in a lobby waiting on a client today and 'filing' my inbox items into appropriate client folders (for emails I wanted to keep, but didn't need staring me in the face...) and I was getting annoyed with the fact that I had to open every message and then tap on the folder icon to pick the destination folder.... I was thinking about a better way to do this from the message list in cases where I've already read the message?

How about left swipe of the message item in the message list to bring up the "Move to folder" scene? Right swipe would still be delete and left swipe - move to folder.

Now I realize that many ppl don't file messages like this, but I thought I'd throw this out for comment. Thus far this week, I've only been complaining about the location of the trash icon in the delete from notification banner, so I figured i'd turn my attention to the positive!!
    mamouton,

Great patch! It's eliminated about 4 other patches that I use. Would you consider adding landscape email? I use that function every day.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
    mamouton,

First, I just noticed that you posted a version with the send button moved. Thanks!

But I do have a quick question:

I also noticed this new version 6, megamix, does that have the moved send button applied in that one.

Sorry to ask this, but if it does not have the send button in this megamix, can you make a megamix2? I really hate to have asked for this as well! I'm sorry!

I am going to try out these new versions now.

Thanks again!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/08/2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    mamouton,

Great patch! It's eliminated about 4 other patches that I use. Would you consider adding landscape email? I use that function every day.
    I use keytoss's global orientation control so I won't include that function.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    mamouton,

First, I just noticed that you posted a version with the send button moved. Thanks!

But I do have a quick question:

I also noticed this new version 6, megamix, does that have the moved send button applied in that one.

I am going to try out these new versions now.

Thanks again!

Rob
    Not sure.
    mamouton,

Ok, just tested out version 6 and it DOES have the 'send button' moved to the right.

(Would you consider making the megamix with that included) NOT NEEDED, UPDATED POST!

Also on a slightly different topic:

Since this project has grown to make different email mega version for everyone's specific requests, maybe it's time to consider having one patch that has some sort of 'preferences' settings available in the menu of the email app.

Sort of like Sconix did for the 'Advanced Configuration for Launcher'.

This way, you have just one basic patch, which then the end user can set for the settings that they prefer.

Then if you have to make an update to the patch (example, a new WebOS version comes out that requires the patches to be modified), it's only one patch. Otherwise, you are going to go crazy trying to update all these different versions.

Just a suggestion to a great patch that everyone seems to want!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/08/2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: correction in first like from 'does not' to 'DOES'! Sorry!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    mamouton,

Ok, just tested out version 6 and it does not have the 'send button' moved to the right.

Would you consider making the megamix with that included.

Also on a slightly different topic:

Since this project has grown to make different email mega version for everyone's specific requests, maybe it's time to consider having one patch that has some sort of 'preferences' settings available in the menu of the email app.

Sort of like Sconix did for the 'Advanced Configuration for Launcher'.

This way, you have just one basic patch, which then the end user can set for the settings that they prefer.

Then if you have to make an update to the patch (example, a new WebOS version comes out that requires the patches to be modified), it's only one patch. Otherwise, you are going to go crazy trying to update all these different versions.

Just a suggestion to a great patch that everyone seems to want!

Rob
    In process of doctoring Pre now. I am not as versed as scnoix at making the preference pages. Basically anyone can update the patches, you can simply change out the delete for the send button in the patch if you like. It will be later this weeked if I do get a chance to make the changes.
    In process of doctoring Pre now. I am not as versed as scnoix at making the preference pages. Basically anyone can update the patches, you can simply change out the delete for the send button in the patch if you like. It will be later this weeked if I do get a chance to make the changes.
    As I said, the megamix version 6, you did move the 'send' button to the right.

So there is no need to make a different version, unless you want to have a version for the 'send' button to be in the middle like it original did.

It's funny, now that it's back on the right, like the default, I realize that I had gotten used to it in the middle. LOL!

But for new users, I still think keeping it on the right is the best thing.

As far as making your patch do what Sconix has done.

If you like the idea, maybe you can reach out to him and see if he would help you in that process. You have all the basic stuff done already, maybe he can just put that interface in place, considering he already has that code in his patch (Advanced Config for Launcher). It's probably a simple thing to do, all the code is there. You have expressed that you might not have the skills to do that kind of programming, but you've already done a fantastic job, don't sell yourself short. Sconix has posted all the code up in WebOS Internals, take a look, see if you can pull out the code for doing a preferences menu. Again, I'm sure he would be more than happy to help you in this.

Again, just consider it!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I use keytoss's global orientation control so I won't include that function.
    Fair enough. Thanks for all your work. I especially like the implementation of the move to folder function.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
  19.    #99  
    You are the second person to request it. I just need to find time to remove it.
  20.    #100  
    Not the case at all. The other person emailed the request.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast