Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #61  
    [;2677803]Thank you for the patch but I'm having a major issue with it. I have 3 email accounts, one is yahoo, another is gmail and another for work that uses Exchange. With this patch installed, the Exchange account can receive emails but will not allow me to send emails. My emails just sit in the Outbox and go nowhere. However, my yahoo and gmail work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

do you have any other email patches installed?
    I had the same problem with emails getting stuck in my outbox when I had the outlook formatting patch installed. When I removed that patch, my emails sent fine again.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    Thank you for the patch but I'm having a major issue with it. I have 3 email accounts, one is yahoo, another is gmail and another for work that uses Exchange. With this patch installed, the Exchange account can receive emails but will not allow me to send emails. My emails just sit in the Outbox and go nowhere. However, my yahoo and gmail work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I had the same problem with emails getting stuck in my outbox when I had the outlook formatting patch installed. When I removed that patch, my emails sent fine again.
    Thanks tobias that made me think about that a little more. This particular outlook formatting patch only works with the 2007 server. I didn't think about that since it works fine for me. borg92802@gmail.com what version is the exchange server you are connecting to at work?

I can remove that portion from the patch for those having problems. I personally like the format, I think there is a patch that changes format as well to fix the Pre formatting issue. I will look into that when I get home.
    thanks mamouton for this excellent patch work you have done here !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #65  
    Uploaded to post #1 a patch without the outlook formatting. I haven't had a chance to test yet but this should solve exchange server issues.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Uploaded to post #1 a patch without the outlook formatting. I haven't had a chance to test yet but this should solve exchange server issues.
    The outlook formating has not caused the same problems on my end, I hope the patch in Preware does not have it removed. Perhaps you can fork it? Just a thought. Thx.
  7.    #67  
    I haven't submitted any updates. I do plan on updating the current one with version 4 that includes the flagging option and then submit the one without outlook as a different version.
    Hey mamouton -- Thanks for your efforts on this. I'm just today getting active in moving over to more "consolidated" Mega patches... notably this one and Mega-Calendar on top of ACSP in the last 12 hours...

I have a question for the user base of this patch (and Delete from notification - DFN): Am I the only one who's having problems with accidentally deleting messages because the trashcan icon is on the right side of the banner notification? I installed DFN two weeks ago and I've accidentally deleted at least 5 messages in that time. Usually, it happens when the notification has minimized to the email icon -- since the icon is also in the lower right corner, I'm keeping my finger too close when I bring the notification back to a full banner....

So, given this issue (and if others are having it as well), i'm wondering if it might be possible to have the Trash can icon on the left side of the message next to the Mailbox icon? There, it would be much more difficult to accidentally delete from notification?

I realize the holy grail is a Sconix-like approach to some of this stuff (and that you've acknowledged that you know Sconix and that you are no Sconix!! -- but you seem to be pretty talented nonetheless!!) So until that point in time where email preferences like these become fully configurable, if you don't think this is doable or the right thing to do, I certainly won't complain!!
  9.    #69  
    Moving the trash can be done easily. I can update the patch with that send you the version with the trash can moved. You are the first one that has brought up that concern. I personally like it on the right.
    Moving the trash can be done easily. I can update the patch with that send you the version with the trash can moved. You are the first one that has brought up that concern. I personally like it on the right.
    Funny, I thought about that as well, I just didn't bother to say anything.

I would prefer the send button be on the right as well, just like the default.

But in the end, I will get used to any position.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Funny, I thought about that as well, I just didn't bother to say anything.

I would prefer the send button be on the right as well, just like the default.

But in the end, I will get used to any position.

Rob
    Closed mouth never gets fed! I never realized where they were before I started making the patches. I will create a separate one with the send button on the right though and post it here.

1st post updated
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/05/2010 at 06:01 AM.
    someoen told me this patch had delete from notify in it and ..... Well I don't have delete from the notifications ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Closed mouth never gets fed! I never realized where they were before I started making the patches. I will create a separate one with the send button on the right though and post it here.

1st post updated
    Hey Mamouton -- If I read your's and rlanza's posts correctly (I did -- just installed our 'personalized' version), you have created a new version with the send icon in the lower right of the compose message scene.

My only feedback is a clarification that the problematic "Trash" icon placement I was referring to in my original note is the trash icon in the lower right of the "Delete from notification" functionality (when the notification is a full banner at the bottom of the screen), not the location of the trash icon in "compose / send message" scene. In Send Message, accidentally tapping the trash in that lower right corner will bring up a confirmatory "Confirm Detele?" dialog.... However in delete from notification, there is no such dialog (nor should there be in that case). What I was wondering is would it be possible to move the trash in the delete from notification banner to the left side (between the email account icon and the most current message detail banner) where it's less likely to be tapped when maximizing the notification from the email icon to the full banner. Does this make sense now? Again, no worries if not, just a usability suggestion and as you noted, no one else seems to be inflicted with the fat fingers issue I have seen. Thanks again.
    Can you add the email in landscape patch. it would be one more i can get rid or and seems like a good fit for this mega patch?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    someoen told me this patch had delete from notify in it and ..... Well I don't have delete from the notifications ???
    I told you that and it does which version are you using from post 1?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Can you add the email in landscape patch. it would be one more i can get rid or and seems like a good fit for this mega patch?
    I currently use keytoss global orientation manager so I don't have any plans on adding the landscape email to this one.
    not sure which one i have but i got it from preware ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    umm did you get that lol ? i loaded the one in preware and did not get the delete from notifications in it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I have the one from preware and I have it.
    ok well i loaded this one like two weeks ago and it does not have it . now i just ran epr and im going to reload it to see if its working now . will update in a few min.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast