Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    Updated patch to include the ability to flag emails from the icon. Icon still needs work but fully functional. It is ver4. Recommended by Brad.
    Thank you for the patch but I'm having a major issue with it. I have 3 email accounts, one is yahoo, another is gmail and another for work that uses Exchange. With this patch installed, the Exchange account can receive emails but will not allow me to send emails. My emails just sit in the Outbox and go nowhere. However, my yahoo and gmail work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
  3.    #43  
    I have exchange, gmail, charter, hotmail and yahoo and don't have any problems sending emails. Do you have any other patches installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have exchange, gmail, charter, hotmail and yahoo and don't have any problems sending emails. Do you have any other patches installed?
    no, I had uninstalled all other email patches because this patch had everything I need.
  5.    #45  
    That is wierd. Are you using the one from Preware or this thread? If from this thread which version from this thread?
    That is wierd. Are you using the one from Preware or this thread? If from this thread which version from this thread?
    I'm using the one from preware.. Sorry.. Was I not supposed to?
  7.    #47  
    a couple of patches were having problems I believe in Preware I will install the version on my emulator. Have you uninstalled and tried to reinstall?
    I would like to see a patch included that gives the option of whether or not mail is automatically marked as read. I prefer not to have mail I read on my Pre marked as read unless I specifically choose to do so.

Thanks for all the work.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Just want to say after using this patch for some time,its very nice! Thanks for developing it.

The delete from notification I use to use, the stand alone patch for that purpose, did seem to delete the email fine, but always through an error logging in to the email account a few seconds after hitting the trash can icon. Your patch does not do that, very nice improvement.

A couple questions about the delete from notification:

1. When several email arrive, from the notification, hitting the delete icon, it deletes the email displayed always?

2. Any way to add the ability to scroll through emails in the notification area, to rotate the emails into the top position to be deleted?

Thanks again.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by skimedickc View Post
    I would like to see a patch included that gives the option of whether or not mail is automatically marked as read. I prefer not to have mail I read on my Pre marked as read unless I specifically choose to do so.

Thanks for all the work.
    I don't think that is possible, but if you use the arrow next to the trashcan it will mark your email as unread.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Just want to say after using this patch for some time,its very nice! Thanks for developing it.

The delete from notification I use to use, the stand alone patch for that purpose, did seem to delete the email fine, but always through an error logging in to the email account a few seconds after hitting the trash can icon. Your patch does not do that, very nice improvement.

A couple questions about the delete from notification:

1. When several email arrive, from the notification, hitting the delete icon, it deletes the email displayed always?

2. Any way to add the ability to scroll through emails in the notification area, to rotate the emails into the top position to be deleted?

Thanks again.
    I have made no changes to the original patch, I just copied the patch to combine into one mega patch and gave the patch creator credit.
    a couple of patches were having problems I believe in Preware I will install the version on my emulator. Have you uninstalled and tried to reinstall?
    yes, I've uninstalled many times to make sure that the pact was really the source of my problems.
  13.    #53  
    I can't replicate the problem on my pre and I send emails daily with my exchange account. I saw where you downloaded the one from Preware, try the one in the first post and see if that solves your issue.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/26/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Mamouton,

I was just looking at the first page (your post that has the download links on it).

Can you please put an explaination on that post as to what the different versions offer.

I'm not sure what the difference is between v3 and v4 for the delete from notification patch is?

Thanks, its just a suggestion.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Updated patch to include the ability to flag emails from the icon. Icon still needs work but fully functional. It is ver4. Recommended by Brad.
    So version 4 flags emails from the icon, but to do what?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    Thank you for the patch but I'm having a major issue with it. I have 3 email accounts, one is yahoo, another is gmail and another for work that uses Exchange. With this patch installed, the Exchange account can receive emails but will not allow me to send emails. My emails just sit in the Outbox and go nowhere. However, my yahoo and gmail work perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
    Just double check your settings for checking mail (under the sync options).

Exchange from what I understand is a push system, in that Exchange can push to the Pre. The Pre then checks at certain times.

The other email accounts you have are either IMAP or POP which don't really support PUSH, so you have to set the timing on when to do the check for mail.

Just double check how you have that set for each account, because it can be different for each account.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    So version 4 flags emails from the icon, but to do what?

Rob
    The flag is to flag important emails and you can turn on the all flagged option in the email. Lets you prioritize the emails that you think are important and you need follow up on.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have made no changes to the original patch, I just copied the patch to combine into one mega patch and gave the patch creator credit.
    The behavior has not been corrected I discovered after deleting another email from notification. What causes that? Nearly every time I delete an email from notification, the email is deleted, but I get a error notice that the email app could not log in to the email account.
    i installed the patch from preware, and i was not getting the outlook format or the black background. I removed the patch and installed v4 from the first post via wqi, and i still do not get the black background or outlook format. it is installing fine without any errors and the only other email patch i have installed is the email landscape patch. any help would be appreciated.

never mind i misread, it is black font not black background. would it be possible to change the background color like the preware application? thanks again
  20.    #60  
    fgcchevy you can install a scrim patch to change your background. I have parch to change background and text on email.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast