Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Does the delete from notification work with the exchange server? I thought I read where it stopped working. I loved that patch and if it works I can easily incorporate. I submitted to preware but had to clean up some offsets so now would be the time to try the delete from notification out again.
    I don't use Exchange, so I can't answer that, but I might be too late in giving you an answer, as I see you tried to do some modifications already.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Are these features options that can be enabled or disabled after installing the patch? One or two of the aboved mentioned I would prefer to not have turned on. (At least all the time).
    I don't know how to create a preference page yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcibrian View Post
    Is thie patch going to be in Preware?
    Yes as soon as I am happy with it and others can confirm it works for them.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is this compatible with "delete from notification" patch?
    Yes it is compatible, but I have updated patch to include the function.
    How about adding Delete/Next? (forums by 'theinnkeeper'). Goes to the next email when you delete the one youare reviewing. Very handy.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...lete-next.html
    Last edited by palmuse; 09/16/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  5.    #25  
    I haven't seen that patch can you post the thread here and I will look at it.
    I haven't seen that patch can you post the thread here and I will look at it.
    Just posted to prev post. Thx!
  7.    #27  
    Updated 1st post to include delete/next patch by innkeeper , suggested by palmuse.
    Ok found a problem.

Not sure what is causing it but I confirmed it by removing that patch.

Without the patch, if I needed to copy some text from and incoming email, the only way I know of doing that, was to start to reply to the message. In the reply, it would contain the original text of the message at the bottom. And since I'm in the edit mode at that point, I can scroll down and copy any of the text that was contained in the original message.

With the patch I am not longer able to scroll down and select the text original message. I am able to select the information containing the email address and time info that is displayed at the beginning of the original message portion of the reply message. For some reason, I am prevented from being able to select the text portion.

I know you added some outlook formatting that you said you liked (which I personally did not prefer, but was OK with if you weren't going to offer the patch without that function) and I am assuming that is what is causing the problem.

But I'm not sure how to debug it to find out exactly why it's happening.

I do need to copy text from and incoming message, if you know of another way to get the text of an incoming message, please let me know.

Otherwise, I would like to request that you consider putting out a version without the formatting if it's confirmed that that is what is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE: I was able to confirm that indeed the outlook format feature of the megamix is the cause for not allow me to do my copy and paste from the reply message. I guess for security reasons, that method doesn't allow you to alter the text on the original message.

As I said, I was only using it to do a copy and paste. I would be able to select any part of the message, I would be able to use the orange key to put the cursor anyway.

Here is a copy of the description of the Mimic Outlook Formatting patch:

This patch modifies the formatting of email replies and forwards sent from your phone so that they mimic the formatting used in Outlook 2007. This patch is compatible with WebOS 1.4 and is available on Preware.

Changes include: 1) change font size to 11 pt. Calibri, light navy, 2) replaces the "John Smith wrote:" text with the "From", "Sent", "To", and "Subject" language used in Outlook 2007, 3) formats email headers to 11 pt. Calibri font, 4) uses long form for dates in "Sent" field (e.g., Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:26 pm), and 5) enables SmartReply, which refrains from reformatting the original text in replies/forwards.

***Please note that this patch is currently ONLY compatible with Exchange 2007***
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/19/2010 at 04:49 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

9.    #29  
    rlanza thanks for the feedback. I very rarely have the need to edit the original text but I could see the need. I tried to reply to a message and verified I couldn't edit the original text. I then tried to forward a text and was able to select and copy the original text. I can't recall if the stock email client does the same with replies and forwards but if you had to previously start a reply to copy the text you would now have to start a forward to copy the text.

You could also open the patch and remove the compose assistant and email jsjsjs $portions$ $and$ $have$ $the$ $patch$ $without$ $the$ $outlook$ $formatting$.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/19/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    rlanza thanks for the feedback. I very rarely have the need to edit the original text but I could see the need. I tried to reply to a message and verified I couldn't edit the original text. I then tried to forward a text and was able to select and copy the original text. I can't recall if the stock email client does the same with replies and forwards but if you had to previously start a reply to copy the text you would now have to start a forward to copy the text.

You could also open the patch and remove the compose assistant and email jsjsjs $portions$ $and$ $have$ $the$ $patch$ $without$ $the$ $outlook$ $formatting$.
    How strange, but your right the forward works, which is good enough, since I only do those things just to copy the text.

And of course, I just found out (duh) that you can copy a block of text anyway, just not able to select individual characters with the cursor by 'shift + tap' the block or paragraph to copy that block. So no need to even do a reply or forward that way. But then you have to open 'Memos' do a paste and you can recopy the exact part you want. A lot of steps if you ask me.

But your right the forward does work, I'll use that as I said.

And if you noticed in my message, his patch uses something he is called 'SmartReply' which prevents altering the 'Reply'. I guess he figured it didn't need to apply to message that was being 'Forwarded'.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

11.    #31  
    I saw that and when I get a little more time I will see exactly what he added to lock out the reply. I for one use exchange at work and don't like the native way the pre handles emails it doesn't look very professional, so I have been using the exchange format since it came out.

I didn't know you could select the block of text that way. Nice find!
    Updated 1st post to include delete/next patch by innkeeper , suggested by palmuse.
    Awesome. I'll give this mega patch try. Thanks!
    I saw that and when I get a little more time I will see exactly what he added to lock out the reply. I for one use exchange at work and don't like the native way the pre handles emails it doesn't look very professional, so I have been using the exchange format since it came out.

I didn't know you could select the block of text that way. Nice find!
    Yeah, I had to search the whole site to learn more about copy & pasting text.

I was having trouble with websites and I remembered that after about 1.3.5 we were supposed to be able to do that now, but I never figured it out.

I even went into (dare I say it) the Help app.

It was clearly in there as well!

Heck, I just discovered from listening to the Palmcast's about how more important Universal Search (now to be called Just Type) was.

I was always launching Contacts to find a person to be able to call them (people that aren't in my speed dials).

And I'm still using this old method and it's becoming a hard habit to alter.

Man, I just have to type there name on the home screen and up pops their name with the dial/sms box!

How great is that!

But you knew that already! Didn't you! LOL!

Rob

PS Sorry for going a bit off-topic!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

14.    #34  
    Yes I very rarely use the contact app unless I am adding someone I am just meeting, bulk entries are done via google or exchange.

I setup my hotmail with the exchange and was able to sync my calendar to my Pre. It works just as good as my regular exchange account.
    This patch is real nice. A little different than what I had with separate patches, but it covers my needs. I like the mark as unread button. Very handy.

Also for anyone wondering, this IS compatible with the Enable Landscape Email patch.
    I didn't like the original formatting especially when sending company emails. The font size can be increased manually.
    How do you increase the font manually? Thank you very much for this awesome patch
    Last edited by Goingbended; 09/23/2010 at 05:43 AM.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goingbended View Post
    How do you increase the font manually? Thank you very mumch for this awesome patch
    +ComposeAssistant.kEmptySignatureRegex = /<span id="signature"><div style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;color: #999999;">[<br>]*<\/div>[<br>]*<\/span>/

+Email.kSignaturePlaceholder = "<span style='font-family:Prelude, Calibri, san-serif; font-size:16px; color:black;'><br><br></span><span id='signature'></span>";
    +Email.kReplyForwardSetupElems = "<span style='font-family:Prelude, Calibri, san-serif; font-size:16px'>" + Email.kSignaturePlaceholder + "<hr align='left' style='width:75%'/>";
    ^ does that have to be done through the Terminal?

Also, does this patch conflict with the Unread Email Count patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post

You could...that's one option. Internalz is another...need to know the file location, though. (I don't)
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post

Actually you need to open the patch in post #1 via editpad lite or notepad, make the changes, and then install the patch via webosqi or internalz. Once you install via Preware I wouldn't advise editing because if you have to uninstall patch for any reason you will get an error because you changed something after patch was installed. I changed mine to 18 Not sure about the conflict with the unread email count. I always have over 20 unread messages so I haven't reinstalled it yet.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast