1.    #1  
    I had to submit a new post because an editing the title doesn't change it on the forum.

An update to internalz (FileMgr specifically) borked my phone. It caused a reset, not a total reset but it erased about 90% of my settings, my texts, history, and apps. Upon restart my apps from the App Catalog redownloaded (none of the pulled/free promo apps) and some patches were still available while others had been reset.

I used an app to auto-remove all patches but some remain in full or partial form. Some patches are now permanent and some cannot be reinstalled because of errors.

1.4.5 is possibly coming out today for my phone and I don't want to deal with more problems because of this issue. I'm done trying to fix the problems and so I have decided to just reset my phone and restore my text history, browser history, and app settings. I want to do this before I update.

Before I was asking how to Doctor my phone but I'm not really sure if I need to go that far. Would a partial erase or full erase do the trick?

Do I need to doctor my phone to force the removal of all patches?
    Emergency Patch Recovery tool (EPR) time

EPR can be found in Preware under Available Pacakges -> Linux Applications -> all
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Emergency Patch Recovery tool (EPR) time

EPR can be found in Preware under Available Pacakges -> Linux Applications -> all
    EPR is what I used to removed the patches while trying to fix my problem, but it just made things worse. It removed patches that were available after the reset and left them in a state where they can't be reinstalled.
    just get the repair utility then open the options tab at the top then put a check mark next to override compatibilty and start the repair utility and when the first error pops up hit the repair all button and your good to go in about ten min. with out deleteing anything on your phone or with out using the doctor .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    epr does not catch and fix any glitches in your phone but will only remove patches that have installed correctly
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Shadavis08 THANK YOU SO MUCH

It worked.

Jason Robitaille himself skipped over my issue in the FileMgr thread to help other people with their problems. He created the update that caused the problem but I can't be mad at him, because he also created the system I used to get homebrew on my Pre, and the system that helped me fix the problem.

Reminds me of a scene from The Invention of Lying:
    Woman: Did he cause my mom to get cancer?
    Mark: yes
    [...]
    Woman: So, he is the one who cured my mom's cancer.
    Man: so, he is kind of a good guy, but he is kind of a *****, too?

Not that I think Jason Robitaille is a *****, lol.

Anyway, thanks again.

And the update just hit, yahoo!
    Last edited by JMacGill; 09/13/2010 at 11:39 PM.