1.    #1  
    My patch "sms tone per contact" stopped working two OS updates ago and I cannot remove it. I have tried to remove it using WebOS Quick Install and using Preware, but neither can get rid of it. Here's the log below. (Ultimately, I would like to be able to re-install this patch and get it working again. It sure was nice having a tone per contact since people tend to text message more than call these days)

---
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Are you attempting to uninstall via Preware or QuickInstall?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm 99.9% sure that this patch was one that needed to be removed prior to OTA update. Here are the steps I'd recommend for an easy fix:
    1) Update Saved Package List in Preware
    2) Backup Preware using Save/Restore (just in case)
    3) Run EPR in Preware
    4) Go to Saved Package List in Preware and reinstall patches.
    5) Enjoy your Pre