1.    #1  
    Well we've seen the screenshots of webOS 2.0 and now seeing some patches like to see when it comes out. The first big one for me is a Original launcher patch. I'm really hating the new launcher set up with that big chunk of space wasted for the categories. I have multiple pages set up as my categories and I don't need it telling me what page I'm in, just seeing the icons I have on that page is enough for me. I know its early but be nice to the patchers out there to know what we want when it comes out . Anyone else needing some changes to be done to 2.0?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Seriously?? How about we wait to see if that option IS actually in 2.0?

Be happy for a moment!!!
  3.    #3  
    Oh and forgot the big thing, Just Type bar, hate having it be on screen all the time it seems, granted its handy for keyboard less devices but yeah, I have a Pre, I know to type, be hoping to see if we can patch that out of the homescreen >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Oh and forgot the big thing, Just Type bar, hate having it be on screen all the time it seems, granted its handy for keyboard less devices but yeah, I have a Pre, I know to type, be hoping to see if we can patch that out of the homescreen >.<
    I have to agree.
    If there is a physical keyboard I do not want the Just Type bar.
    But let's wait and see, maybe it can be turned off or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    ...But let's wait and see, maybe it can ...
    Yes "wait and see." Considering all we have is a beta, released to developers in an early access program, requesting patches at this time is extremely premature.

In my opinion.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm always in wait and see mode in real life. That's why I always walk around with my fist clenched and cocked ready to throw a punch! People think I'm weird but it'll come in handy. Just wait and see... I'm just waiting... And waiting... And waiting......

seriously tho, I hated both those things lupe said when I saw them. If they can't be turned off... I say we punch!
    I've heard that patching the Launcher the way it's been done may not work at all anymore. There is a distinct possibility that it's completely unpatchable, actually. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's looking like I'm not.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I've heard that patching the Launcher the way it's been done may not work at all anymore. There is a distinct possibility that it's completely unpatchable, actually. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's looking like I'm not.
    Where did you hear this from??
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    seriously tho, I hated both those things lupe said when I saw them. If they can't be turned off... I say we punch!
    +1
    not even out yet and already complaints. Lol
    I understand having the just type bar for people who don't know, but for me I think it's just clutter.
    Why is this thread still open?

LOCK!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    Woot woot! Happy to hear from a webOS 2.0 user that Dieter too is wating to see a patch to remove that "Just Type" bar. I hope HP leaves webOS open to let us customize as needed.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    THat "Just Tyoe" bar has got to go. It serves absolutely no purpose other than to make newcomers to webOS aware of the feature. Why not simply have a mandatory walkthru video of the feature highlights whne you start the phone the first time. Even simpler, just provide an option to turn it off.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    get rid of suggestions button on just type (aka universal search) If I need suggestions ill get it by searching with google.

Honestly don't really like the way universal search looks now, except for quick actions I like that. But only as long as it just doesnt open the app and insert text; I want it to be able to post status without ever opening facebook, and get a little notification scroll on the bottom confirming status update.
    it depends on the app the QA (quick action) is going to. So..i think no-app-launch-actions can be done with new or optimized apps. +1
    the just type box also provides access to the just type preferences...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I'm always in wait and see mode in real life. That's why I always walk around with my fist clenched and cocked ready to throw a punch! People think I'm weird but it'll come in handy. Just wait and see... I'm just waiting... And waiting... And waiting......

Too funny!