Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I left it this way so it would be the same as the Govnah program.
    I can understand that but even in Govnah, it really is meaningless for me personally, since I don't know how hot a 41c is (unless I do the conversion, which I did once when reading about what is the highest temp the Pre should stay under).

I would actually like the Govnah, to give me the choice as well.

And I will admit, most young people here (American's) do understand the Celsius stuff since they started teaching that in schools years ago. But I'm was not in that generation of it being taught! I remember back in the 80's that they were trying to get Americans to switch the metric system. Hence, you now purchase a bottle of Coke by the liter instead of quart or gallon.

I had to actually look at the bottle to figure out what had more Coke, a one liter bottle or a half gallon bottle.

I still don't have gray hair yet, so I can get by as looking a lot younger than I am! <grin>

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #82  
    I've got the patch done for f
    I will post it later
    I've got the patch done for f
    I will post it later
    Thanks, I will look for it.

Thanks so much!

Rob
  4.    #84  
    test this one and let us know how it works k

Remove Devicemenu Maxed Out...

Devicemenu-Maxed-Out-Ultra temp Fahrenheit
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/23/2010 at 02:45 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

It does not work with my Palm Pixi, is it not compattable with the Pixi on 1.4.5? Thanks!
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Can I get some help, I'm having no success with this patch.

I'd tried from preware but I know that's just the placeholder, so I tried downloading both the one on the first page and the new farenheit temperature one using WEBOSQI, neither work.

They install successfully and the phone reboots, but when it does the patch isn't there. Device menu is stock. The patch shows as installed in WEBOSQI, version 1.4.5-1. I have a fully updated Sprint Pre.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
  7.    #87  
    try preware again. One is up and working as of a few days ago k
    try preware again. One is up and working as of a few days ago k

When I try to download the Ultra I keep getting the IPKG Log Error. Here is the IPKG Log

"

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    39 13950 39 5438 0 0 2130 0 0:00:06 0:00:02 0:00:04 10811
    100 13950 100 13950 0 0 5056 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 19647
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":16, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":16 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":16 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":16 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":16 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":16 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

"

Thanks,
    ~Patrick
  9.    #89  
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

do you have any topbar patches installed.

the patch stops installing at line 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Get a grip! Do you really think at my age, I'm going to do that calculation 'in my head'.

That's why I have a mobile computer! To do that for me!

I do hope you were just joking with this old man!

Rob
    You need to relax......this was why I was trying to help:

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    I like to read temps in F since it registers in my brain as to how hot it really is, never learned C.
    ...and I wasn't joking. Old man. Its all about estimating, I'm sure you can do that.

do you have any topbar patches installed.

the patch stops installing at line 6.
    the network type one. Do I need to uninstall that?
  12.    #92  
    I would remove any for the top bar and try again
    Love this patch! I have a question, though.

Is there any way for me to customize the order, or is that just set by the patch creator? I'd love to be able to have the Flashlight higher so I don't have to scroll to get to it. I have a feeling I'll be using the flashlight a lot more often than changing the phone options.

Thanks.
  14.    #94  
    2.0.1 update added

For all with flashlight error, download systoolsmgr from precentral homebrew apps section and install via WOSQI. It can't be downloaded from Preware since there are some connection errors also present in WOSQI.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Device Menu Maxed out (not ultra) says it's not compatible with 2.1 in Preware
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Device Menu Maxed out (not ultra) says it's not compatible with 2.1 in Preware
    2.1.0 ver. is not in preware sorry.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    2.1.0 ver. is not in preware sorry.
    That's okay, I installed Ultra, but I prefer the regular
    is this going to be getting an update for 2.2.4 for pre 2?. This is my main patch I use and don't see any other patches that come close to this.

Thanks in advance.
    Any updates for 2.2.4? I want to use this patch in my Pre 3!!!!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast