1.    #1  
    yeah so i got mobile hot spot on my sprint palm pre now, but when i go on it and try to switch it on the on/off switch doesnt work...it seems to be disabled, it doesnt work on my brothers palm pre either. does anybody have any clue as to why it doesnt work
    Where did you get MHS from? Is it the patched one? Did you also install freetetherd?
    Just uninstall and reinstall. I had the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Where did you get MHS from? Is it the patched one? Did you also install freetetherd?
    Yes thats the question.
    If you use the extracted version from Verizon it will deinstall the service in the postinstall task. There was a version available with a patched postinstall (I made).
    After that I think you still need the freetetherd and jasons enable ip forwarding patch.

You know that it's not allowed to share the MHS here.
    Yeah, that's why I asked where he got it from.
  6.    #6  
    how do i download freetetherd?? is there a link?
    It's available in Preware and WebOS Quick Install.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8.    #8  
    i once did download freetetherd, mobile hotspot, and the patch called auto enable something, i forgot what it was called but i still had the same problem, the on/off switch still didnt work, so i deleted all of them.
    sounds like you just need to do the MHS update throug the catalog. You have the old version installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    sounds like you just need to do the MHS update throug the catalog. You have the old version installed.
    Thanks!! The update fixed it.
    OK, my laptop is Hotspot tethered to my Sprint Pre,but only with "Local" access. No Internet. Suggestions please. TIA
    doesn't work i need tips :/ i like wi fi better coz it seems like is faster

local access only too :/
    Last edited by bevcraw; 12/19/2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: combined 2 posts into 1