1.    #1  
    I have Jason's original Prevent uploads to Palm patch for 1.4.5, but I wanted to try the Muffle log patch with the Linux app that @warthogkernel posted about on Twitter.

I go to remove the patch and...

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.prevent-log-uploads-to-palm.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/event.d/uploadd.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/event.d/uploadd.rej

This is the only patch I've used for log uploads.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    jasons patch never made it into preware

so whatever you are doing, it looks like you have a patch that is causing issues

unfortunately jasons patch does not work as advertised, the patch renames the uploadd file but uploadd still starts.

how did you install the patch oroginally? You should use the same tool.
  3.    #3  
    I think I installed it with Internalz, but I had downloaded the patch from here.

WOSQI won't work either for this.

I really don't know what to do.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I think I installed it with Internalz, but I had downloaded the patch from here.

WOSQI won't work either for this.

I really don't know what to do.
    sounds like the stock backup is missing. maybe trying installing the same patch over top of the existing one
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    sounds like the stock backup is missing. maybe trying installing the same patch over top of the existing one
    So you're saying install your patch again?

Edit: I couldn't install over it. I got another error about a previous patch being installed, but nothing else would install over it...
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 09/06/2010 at 10:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Should I try Emergency Patch Install or Recovery or something?
    hello jason,can this patch be used in veer 2.1.2???

prevent-metrix-log-uploads
    prevent-log-uploads-to-palm

Thanks