1.    #1  
    Many apologies if this isn't the right place to ask for help on installing the UberKernal for my Palm Pre Plus!

Anyways, so I'd like a bit of help trying to install the UberKernal for my Palm Pre Plus. I've been told I don't have to worry about what I've installed conflicting with installation, and I'm sure I'm doing what I think I'm supposed to do:
    * Go to PreWare, search for "uber", select "UberKernal (Pre/Pre+), v1.4.2-92", and just install it.

But everytime I do that, it stops midway through the installation process and tells me it can't do it. Here's the error log it gave me:

% Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    93 3385k 93 3181k 0 0 86222 0 0:00:40 0:00:37 0:00:03 92403
    100 3385k 100 3385k 0 0 89918 0 0:00:38 0:00:38 --:--:-- 116k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Now I'm thinking that maybe I DO have something installed that I shouldn't have installed... But I'm not sure what. I don't think any tweak, patch or app would interfere with UberKernal... however, lemme see what you guys know. Something tells me I didn't do something I should have done, or didn't do something properly. Hmmm...

Anyways, thanks for your help!
  2.    #2  
    Actually, stupid ol' me seems to have discovered the cure: installing "Palm Kernal (Pre/Pre+)" first, and then installing UberKernal... The key is the reason why UberKernal wouldn't install; this error message explains it all. Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement ... A quick search of the forums led to some good posts.

To which, if there are other solutions to this problem that anyone else can think of, I'd like to know!

EDIT:
    Of course, it would also help if installing the Palm Kernal worked too. It didn't, and here's the error log for that!

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    95 2922k 95 2785k 0 0 185k 0 0:00:15 0:00:14 0:00:01 271k
    100 2922k 100 2922k 0 0 188k 0 0:00:15 0:00:15 --:--:-- 274k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.palm-kernel-pre
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.palm-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Forcing unconditional overwrite of all kernel files
    Creating backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying backup of existing kernel files ...
    Verifying ability to write to target directories ...
    Verifying ability to write to target files ...
    Installing replacement kernel files ...
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    Error installing /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    cmp: EOF on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Unable to verify /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Fatal error occurred, restoring original files
    Original files restored, we have normality, I repeat we have normality
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.palm-kernel-pre from root...
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Here I'm not so sure what's going on. I don't want to have to WebOS Doctor my phone if I don't need to, y'know? But I'm now without a clue of what's going on here. And so, any help here would be appreciated. Thanks again!
    Last edited by nick15; 09/04/2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick15 View Post
    Actually, stupid ol' me seems to have discovered the cure: installing "Palm Kernal (Pre/Pre+)" first, and then installing UberKernal... The key is the reason why UberKernal wouldn't install; this error message explains it all. Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement ... A quick search of the forums led to some good posts.

To which, if there are other solutions to this problem that anyone else can think of, I'd like to know!

EDIT:
    Of course, it would also help if installing the Palm Kernal worked too. It didn't, and here's the error log for that!

Here I'm not so sure what's going on. I don't want to have to WebOS Doctor my phone if I don't need to, y'know? But I'm now without a clue of what's going on here. And so, any help here would be appreciated. Thanks again!
    I suspect you have no space left on your device. How much memory have you used? Can you install other apps?
    Look down to about half way of the error to the line:
    cp: write error no space on device

You have either used all of the memory on your pre or you have corrupted some files. I suspect that the latter is the cause.
    I'm not sure if webos repair utility will work for this but it could be worth a try.
    But the doctor will definitely fix it.

Pip