Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when clicking on the browser icon it takes you to the page with all of your browser bookmarks. Is it possible to change the png used for the background or to make the background fully transparent?

where is the png located for this page?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by warpusall View Post
    when clicking on the browser icon it takes you to the page with all of your browser bookmarks. Is it possible to change the png used for the background or to make the background fully transparent?

where is the png located for this page?

thanks!
    I've also ask this question a while back. I can't remember if forum member Warlord was able to make this possible. I would love to have mine change too > If it's possible.
  3.    #3  
    It would be great if there was a patch. The bookmark page is the only part of my pre that doesn't "look" the way I'd like it to.
    You'll want to replace the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/background-bookmarks-grid.png file with a transparent (or nearly) .png file of the same size.

That should give you the effect you're looking for.

Just remember to restore the original file (or run Jason's repair utility) prior to an OTA update just to be safe.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5.    #5  
    excellent! I will try that and report back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    You'll want to replace the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/background-bookmarks-grid.png file with a transparent (or nearly) .png file of the same size.

Just remember to restore the original file (or run Jason's repair utility) prior to an OTA update just to be safe.
    Nope. will not work sorry.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I just tried to set up the HTML and .css with no luck
    Tried opacity: 0.19;
    Tried background:transparent;

Set up a div <div class="bg"></div> in the scene. no luck
    I can't get it to take a transparent image
    I've had no luck at all with the Browser bg to transparent

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post

This worked great. Thank you!
    The only thing is that the animation that happens when the browser launches still shows the old background, and there is a tiny piece of the original background that stays at the very bottom of the screen. Is there any way to change that animation? What type of file is that? Do you know where it is located?
  9.    #9  
    It doesn't seem possible to make it transparent, but I changed the png to be the same picture as my main wallpaper and it gives at least a similar effect. However, there is still a small amount of the old background that shows.

Does anybody know if I'd be screwing anything up if I made my background a tiny bit bigger than 480X480 in order to make sure nothing shows through. I want to try it, but I'm afraid. Could anything catastrophic happen by making the size of the image bigger?
    It doesn't seem possible to make it transparent, but I changed the png to be the same picture as my main wallpaper and it gives at least a similar effect. However, there is still a small amount of the old background that shows.

Does anybody know if I'd be screwing anything up if I made my background a tiny bit bigger than 480X480 in order to make sure nothing shows through. I want to try it, but I'm afraid. Could anything catastrophic happen by making the size of the image bigger?
    Post a pic of what you need changed please.

#start-page-background {
    background: url(../images/background-bookmarks-grid.png) center center no-repeat;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0px;
    left: 0px;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    z-index: -1;
    It should extend beyond the border.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/03/2010 at 01:23 PM.

Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like? There might be more than one image that makes up the scene.

EDIT: Also, by "Animation before launch" are you talking about the "splash screen"? Because that is a different image as well... /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-page.png and /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-startpage.png

EDIT AGAIN: It also appears that there are two "fade" images for top and bottom that show on the bookmark screen, that may be the "little bit of old background" that still shows.
    Last edited by Spader; 09/03/2010 at 01:35 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks! I believe it is the splash page that is causing the overlap. I'm going to try that now.
    Last edited by warpusall; 09/03/2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Black
    Attached Images Attached Images

14.    #14  
    You are right. it is the fade images that are the problem! Do you know the names of those two files? Thanks!
  15.    #15  
    @warlord9159 and @spader thank you both so much! it was the fade files. Changed them and now it looks great.

btw, how are you guys finding the names of the files? How can I look inside the images directory? I am using WEBOSQI to send and receive files. I don't know how to look at the contents of folders etc.
    They are in the same folder /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/

start-page-bottom-fade.png
    start-page-top-fade.png

EDIT: Get Internals from Preware... you can browse through the whole file structure of your Pre any time you want.
    Last edited by Spader; 09/03/2010 at 02:19 PM.
  17.    #17  
    great. Thanks once more!
  18.    #18  
    I just downloaded internalz, but I don't see a directory called "usr"
    I just see ringtones, wallpapers, etc. How can I get into the actual system files?

Thanks. Sorry for all of the questions.
    Download the 1.4.5 image and extract with 7-zip
    That way you can view all images, have back-ups too

I just downloaded internalz, but I don't see a directory called "usr"
    I just see ringtones, wallpapers, etc. How can I get into the actual system files?

Thanks. Sorry for all of the questions.
    When you open Internalz, it defaults to /media/internal which is your USB partition... but if you tap the ".." it will take you up one level, do that twice and you'll be looking at your root file tree. From there you can navigate just like any standard file browser.

Also, you should check out Jason's Internalz videos on youtube (linking in his Internalz thread I'm sure) they will show you a lot more things you can do with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast